• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Getting to maximum ability

Heian

Hi all, as I may have written in the past, I'm currently a soldier in the IDF and I'm been doing this course and basic training for the past four months which has been badly keeping me from practice and thus my training level has been reduced to pulp now. Soon the course will be over and then I will be home every day (I'm a soldier in the networks&computers core.. thank god the IDF didn't want my fighting skills) and then I'd be able to get back to practice.

Thing is , my intention for my whole life is to be the best warrior and martial artist I can be. I used to train every day and sometimes more than once..

how do I reach the point where I am progressing into the maximum ability of hand and leg?

please assist me in building up the fastest way into getting back into shape and becoming a MA machine.

Jijutsu Yori Shinjutsu (Spirit before technique)

"..The way, who will walk it clear and pure?"

-Gichin Funakushi, founder of Shotokan.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Are you talking about skills or fitness? For skills, I go over all my one step sparring, prearranged sparring, and katas until I have done them all without mistakes. That takes about thirty minutes, and greatly improves my performance.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

Training every day - both fitness and karate training.

Work out with a partner if possible, as you will be able to help one another with errors. Plus, it can be more motivating training with another person.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Reaching your maximum ability requires three key areas.

1. Training, training, training.

2. Perfect training makes perfect. Meaning that it's not necessarily how 'much' you train, but how you train when you train that develops maximum ability. Another way of saying this is that you must train perfect each and every time you train in order to write it into you sub-conscious mind (also know as muscle memory) - otherwise, don't bother to train at all.

3. Without proper coaching, you may not know 'how' to train perfectly to achieve maximum ability...

- Killer -

Mizu No Kokoro

Shodan - Nishiyama Sensei

Table Tennis: http://www.jmblades.com/

Auto Weblog: http://appliedauto.mypunbb.com/

Auto Forum: http://appauto.wordpress.com/

meditate if you have no time to do actual physcial work invision yourself doing techniques or forms.

it is a proven fact that your mind cannot distinguish between actually doing it and doing it in your mind.

"Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battle field."

I think that to be better at Karate and to improve the key is to have the right frame of mind all of the time.

This is a very good way to improve the standard of your Karate.

Karate is like an explosion, not like paint drying!

I think that to be better at Karate and to improve the key is to have the right frame of mind all of the time.

This is a very good way to improve the standard of your Karate.

Very true. Even if you do all training in the world it is wasted without the correct mental attitude.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Training every day - both fitness and karate training.

Work out with a partner if possible, as you will be able to help one another with errors. Plus, it can be more motivating training with another person.

Not really.

I have my best sessions on my own.

Everyone is different.

That's why I said it can be more motivating working out with another person, not it is more motivating.

Some people prefer training together, some prefer training apart.

Sheffield Steelers!