• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

For those who have responded to my college paper topic

Would you like to see more repetition in your class activities?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see more repetition in your class activities?

• Yes
    • No

I am going to ask that those who have seen my topic participate in the attached poll. i meant for my original poll ro read differently than it does. The questionin the origianl poll is unanswerable in it's current form. The above poll resolves that problem. please add any additional comments you may wish to add. That should give me a good bit of research information.

Thanks

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I dont think my class needs more repetition because I think we have just the right balance of new skills learned and old techniques repeated.

Instructor:"You're not gonna be able to see if you don't cut your hair."

"Haha. Too bad."

"A martial artist who has never sparred is like a swimmer who has never entered water."

-Bruce Lee

Yes, if you mean repitition as in drills. No if you mean review of old material. We do that almost every class. BTW I voted yes if my comment voided my vote.

A Black Belt is just a white belt that don't know when to quit!

Yeah I agree with clouddragon. I'd like longer drills and more drills so we can get the moves in our muscle memory better, but we already review old material (just not long enough drills?)

Instructor:"You're not gonna be able to see if you don't cut your hair."

"Haha. Too bad."

"A martial artist who has never sparred is like a swimmer who has never entered water."

-Bruce Lee

I'll ditto what evryone else has said - I'd like longer drills. We do drills and basic technique work almost every lesson, but sometimes it isn't for as long as I'd like.

Still, martial arts can often have a lot of stuff in them, especially the more traditional styles. It can be very difficult to try and cram in everything an instructor wants to include into one lesson.

When I'm teaching classes the time seems to fly by so quickly!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I voted no because at the moment I feel we have struck a healthy balance. Although, to be honest, it would probably not bother me much either way... as long as the classes were still interesting and I was learning as much as I am now.

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum