• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Im taking my black belt test in 2 weeks!! any advice?

x0xkarate_chicax0x

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

relax. you know everything you need to know, and nothing you get in the next 2 weeks will really help.

are you good at visualizing things? close your eyes and try to see yourself. picture yourself doing the forms, having solid stances, crisp technique, good spirit.

it will be challenging at times, that is the point. endure everything that comes your way and treat all crazy occurences as "mini-tests."

it'll be over before you know it, and you'll be telling junior rank... "ahhhh, you've got it so easy! back in y day....." :)

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

I'm only a white belt, so I don't have any real advice, other than be confident and calm. ^_^ Easy enough to say, right? :wink:

Good luck and let us know how it goes. ^_^

~Erin

9th Kyu

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft."

~ Theodore Roosevelt

You've already got your black belt...if you weren't worthy of it, you wouldn't be testing. No matter how hard it gets, find the strength to keep going. That is what the test is all about...a test of your spirit. Come from the perspective that you already have your black belt, and soon you'll be wearing it and shaking your teacher's hand. I'd say good luck, but I don't think you'll need it.

Sunrunner

"train until the art becomes an artless art, flowing from the unconscious."

don't forget to ease off the training a couple of days before the grading so you're fresh on the day. Eat carbs the night before and stay hydrated. Other than that just give it all you've got. Go in with the attitude that you'll take anything that's dished out on the day and jump back up fighting. And remember you have a second wind, and a third and a fourth. It's going to hurt but who cares. It can be the best day of your life. And when you get that belt make sure you remember the feeling.

hey . you . i dont know if im too late but i hope u do well . im proud u made it to first dan ! :) few people do . . congrats :) im not to ur level yet but one day i will then we can see eachother at black belt seminars :idea:

Be Confident. You know yoru curriculum or your teacher wouldnt let you test.

Be Prepared. Know any written material, and know all your back material.

Be Rested and Healthy. Take your vitamins, eat well, cut out diuretics and drink lots of water for several days before your test. Be the best you can be on that day.

PEAK on the day of your test.... dont train to peak before or after your test...

Be Respectful. Remember to show your respect for the step you are taking, and make sure to treat it as what it is.... a new beginning.

Have Fun!!!!!!!!

this is what all yoru hard work has been for to this point. remember to have fun, enjoy the time.

Good luck!

Good luck with your test!

Try to relax and stay calm. Have a positive attitude - tell yourself that you've trained hard and that you know your stuff. If you go in there with the right mental attitude then you'll do much better than if you're worried or if you think that you'll fail.

Don't forget to let us all know how you got on! :)

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

remember if you messed up in one part just forget it and focus on the next stage, I have seen a brown belt who lost focus because of one mistake at the early stage of the test and caried that all the way to the end so bad that he started his Tekki(Naihanchi) shodan to the left and then blocked to the right.

good luck.