• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

injuries galore!

aefibird

Yeah, but those things werent intended to happen, its not like one guy said to himself "im gonna elblow this guy's nose and leave him beeding!", stuff like these happens, noones perfect, you can lose balance, or your arm can slip from the other persons defence. This donst happen much, but it looks like on ae's case it all happened in one night!

Shito Ryu (3rd kyu) RETIRED - 2002-2003

Now studying BJJ(2006)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

such things are not alowed in my dojo...never would my sensei let people fight without gear,

Really, never at any grade? Don't you feel you lose some of the fear factor here. People move faster if they know they may get bumped. Anyway what about no/light contact sparring?

and never to the brutality to be breaking bones niehter would the people in my dojo go this hard on somone for absolutily no purpose.

It's a martial art, accidents will happen (with or without wrapping yourself in bubblewrap). I've had several knocks, 2 knockouts and cracked ribs, all of which were accidents.. but hey, I didn't take up aerobics, there was nothing malicious in intent and I healed and went back.

at my dojo we believe you can train more if your not in the hospital.

Depends what kind of training you want. None of my injuries have put me into hospital as an in-patient... none have affected my training for really long periods of time... but you can bet your bottom dollar I get out of the way if I see a Mae-Geri coming in now!

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

but you can bet your bottom dollar I get out of the way if I see a Mae-Geri coming in now!

Yes, it's amazing how a ding round the head can suddenly sharpen a persons reflexes! :lol:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!