• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A more accurate response would be to say that

" If he wants to go to the ground and you don't know how to stop him, its gonna hit the deck. And if it does you better know what you're doing."

Persnally I fins grabbing the b*ll*cks and twisting works well as a deterrent against ground and pounds and most other things :lol:

Mind, body and fist. Its all a man truly needs.

• 2 weeks later...

Very true beer the ball grabing does work!LOL! :lol:

It is imperative that u do ur best not to hit the ground and if u do GET UP!

The ground is the worst place to be especially in todays fights where its no longer one on one :idea:

"Sweat more in the dojo,bleed less in the street"Kajukenbo fighters axiom.

i must say that i believe the most effective martial form would incorporate lightning fast, effective attack and fluid, dynamic defence. One on one, if you believe thats where yu can best a fighter, take him to the ground. However the other seven of his friends may feel inclined to line up toe poke kicks to such delightful areas as your kidneys, groin and head. This type of savegry is the reality of self defence.

My favorite style of defence is aikido, the posture and techniques teach you to take the energy of an incoming attack and turn it on the attacker without making yourself vunerable, or placing you on the ground also. I have seen during practice, one man sucessfully neutralise up to six simultaneous attackers. I have practiced multipal attack techniques and find the edge they give reassuring. Steven Segal (Groan! yeah yeah!) is increadably skilled in this area.

Also I advocate the lightning fast combination of deavastating foot work and fast strikes used in styles such as Tae Kwon Do, and Muey*Thai. An amalgamation of these three styles would produce a formidable foe indeed. The ability to remain upright and effective during a multiple attack scenario is paramount. Perhaps 99% of fights do end up on the floor, for the loser. As for UFC, they are sportsmen who "play" to rules and although formidable one on one fighters, their skills have limits. Often it is the psycological battle you must fight before the physical. Try detering other attackers from committing by savaging the one who attacks you first. Chopper Reid, an Aussie hardcase once popped a mans eye out and ate it infront of his cohorts. They decided he wasnt worth the hassle, and went back to their drinks.

For increadable NHB footage check out the BumFights website, or buy the CD from E-Bay. :o

"if thought carries power, it would exlain the mess we are in.."