• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it can. As mentioned, lumps are bad.

1. they can slow training, as you have to recover

2. you aren't trying to create any permanent contusions.

The safest way of conditioning is the bag and thai pads. In thailand, they hit bags. Back in the day they kicked trees - but it was a bananna tree - the bark is soft.

was that addressed to me? the overall purpose is conditioning the limbs. The bag shouldn't cause any permanent damage, but actually, nor should the gong training. What were you doing and how? was it under your sifu's guidance, or were you doing it alone?

In Muay Thai, why do you kick with your shins and not with your foot ? I'm interested in starting Muay Thai and I was just wondering.

- Musse

"Be careful: The toes you step on today may be connected to the * you'll be kissing tomorrow"

One of the arts that i had trained, not MT, used shins. The instruxtor said it was a larger striking surface, per example of a forearm, but using the power of the legs. Also, in that class, kicks were not high, torso and down. Boy, did it hurt training there.

also, the instep is easier to break. kicking with the instep, if I block with my knee or shin, you will be in pain - elbows to the instep aren't nice. I've seen people get broken bones, busted blood vessels, etc as a result of that.