• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Beat Shins with glass bottle?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Beat Shins with glass bottle?

• Yes, It works fine
    • No, Thats just stupid

I asked my master about that (the guy kicks steel posts) and he said just use the heavy or Thai bags. He also said that your conditioning your pain tolerance and not your shins. I mean keeping a good level of calcium is important but the bone is the bone and your really not going to make it stronger by beating it. :bawling:

Donkey

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wear a shin guard and you won't have to worry about any if this... :)

Instructor:"You're not gonna be able to see if you don't cut your hair."

"Haha. Too bad."

"A martial artist who has never sparred is like a swimmer who has never entered water."

-Bruce Lee

if u kick the bag har enough your shins will be conditioned, so i stay with that, id like to be able to walk when im 50 years old.

this sounds like the best and most sane way to do it.

conditioning your shins to take and give hits is no different the conditioning the rest of your body for the impact you get in kickboxing or muay thai.

for example, getting hit in the head or the face: the very first time you take a hard head hit it is a pretty devestating feeling but eventually you get used to it mainly because after you get used to being hit you do not flinch or blink as much because the punches and kicks that you dont see are the ones that hurt the most. now this doesnt mean that in order to get used to being hit in the head that you are gonna take escrima sticks and glass bottles and start hitting your noodle with them...

Yeah a gr8 idea... i also like to beat myself over the head with a baseball bat!

If you still want to do it, plz go ahead, but makesure the neighbours dont see, because u'll probably find urself being institutialised!

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

sounds pretty stupid to me.

sounds like you have never blocked a shin kick to the leg with your shin

vito's right - kicking a tree is dumb...all you need is a good heavy bag. The thais got away with it because the bark of a bananna tree is soft...

If you read my post you will see that the tree is wrapped with an old carpet, making the striking surface somewhat similar to the feel of a makiwara, and call it what you want, but it has worked great for me.

A Black Belt is just a white belt that don't know when to quit!

Hey, what's your name, your in Olympia? so am I, they told me to tap my shins with my nunchucks.

funny, i'm in olympia too. at my school, we use like 200 lbs heavy bags and do tons of kicks at least 3 or 4 days a week. i'd say several hundred kicks per class, although we don't concentrate on kicks every day

No need to hit your shin heavily with bottle.

Even Thai would hit this lightly and :roll:

better to wrap with some cloth.

To wear pad can help nothing unless

you wear this also on your daily life

Darkness grants me pair of dark black eye,

Yet I determine to look for Brightness

• 3 weeks later...
Wear a shin guard and you won't have to worry about any if this... :)

ok, and for the rest of us that understand...

nothing's wrong w/ beating your shins w/ anything, someone said the bone will always be bone, that's true, but its not ALL pain tolerance, you are also deadening the nerves in your shins and toughening the skin

anything can work u wanna use, frankly i'd suggest one of the methods that involve kicking so the reps build your speed and u perfect your technique, really the only thing u wanna look out for is lumps, don't use stuff "sharp" enough to give u lumps, cuz then u kinda gotta stop, and don't smack the bottle real hard on it, cuz i know a guy that got drunk and did that... he described his shins as "jello" afterwards, just look out for cuts and lumps, but do nething u wanna do to deaden 'em.

look at me, i can dance, i know tae kwon do!