• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New to KickBoxing - What should length of classes be?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well, my classes are 45 minutes each, and generally beginning students are expected to attend 2 classes per week. Warm-up is completed before the class starts, so that class time maximizes learning. At higher levels, students are expected to attend their 2 technical classes each week, plus train on their own a couple of times a week... possibly adding in cross-training to maintain conditioning.

sounds like you should be doing some homework along with the privates....

in other words, try to come before and after your private and get your warm ups in so you dont have to waste your hour doing it.

If your instructor sees you warming up before and doing bagwork on your own after you will probably be getting more actual instruction during

Wizzy think of it like anything else in your life...

If you want to get better you need to do all you can to improve.

at the same time at some point there is a line you cross that too much begins to hurt you.

your body/emotions/etc will let you know when you are hitting that point.

if you are seeing rapid improvement on 2 hours a week then continue that until you see it leveling off.... and then increase it....

only you can be the judge on what is truely to much or too little for you

Just do all you can up tot he point that it starts to be detrimental to your life

I appreciate the help you have offered to me lucky...I do feel I have benefitted from talking to you. I have another question for you if you dont mind.

The place I am going has produced 12 champions and my instructor himself is ranked #1 in the professional middleweight for the WKKO. What do you guys think about training with more than one instructor from more than 1 place. Will this hurt or benefit?

Thanks

there is alot of ego and pride in martial arts, especially when it involves fighters.

If you are training in a fighters gym with trainers who are also fighting i would not go cross train with other instructors, especially in the same art.

It really wont lead anywhere good.

now if you were going to say train in jiu jitsu or some form of KArate... maybe.... but even then you would have to gage it based on how you feel the egos are.

some trainers may even tell you to not come back as they may feel some form of disloyalty and bad luck may come of it.... or that you may be giving away trade secrets...

Trust is a huge thing when dealing in a fighters gym, and once that trust is gone or questioned its almost impossible to get it back

and to be honest if your current trainers are that good, and you are a beginner, i dont think you will learn anything useful by going to 2 different schools and two different trainers