• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sevenstar, what do you mean by mentality and circumstance? By mentality do you mean he's more aggressive or more violent or something? And are you saying that a person with no technique or experience can win a streetfight against a MA by simply being more aggressive? You probably arn't, and I misunderstood, so could you clarify?

"I've seen several MA get torn apart by non-trained guys who simply had an "I'll maul you at any cost" attitude."

---In a fight, that kind of over-zealous attitude will make you prone to mistakes that will get you KO'ed, I think, especially if you don't have any technique or experience. My instructors always say to fight smart and not just go in swinging your fists like crazy.

And by the way, I know you never said that the streetfighter had lots of experience, but some other people were saying it and I thought it was assumed.

Instructor:"You're not gonna be able to see if you don't cut your hair."

"Haha. Too bad."

"A martial artist who has never sparred is like a swimmer who has never entered water."

-Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sevenstar, what do you mean by mentality and circumstance? By mentality do you mean he's more aggressive or more violent or something? And are you saying that a person with no technique or experience can win a streetfight against a MA by simply being more aggressive? You probably arn't, and I misunderstood, so could you clarify?

"I've seen several MA get torn apart by non-trained guys who simply had an "I'll maul you at any cost" attitude."

---In a fight, that kind of over-zealous attitude will make you prone to mistakes that will get you KO'ed, I think, especially if you don't have any technique or experience. My instructors always say to fight smart and not just go in swinging your fists like crazy.

And by the way, I know you never said that the streetfighter had lots of experience, but some other people were saying it and I thought it was assumed.

Yes, that's exactley what he's saying, and he's correct, and your only like 10% correct, what he's referring to is the mentality, not the mood. You know how u can look at people and listen to the way they talk and be like "wow i don't wanna * w/ him" or the ppl like "yeah he's talkin out of his a$$ and i'd stomp him" u can just tell, the people that u know will kick ur a$$ WILL, and its because they're more aggressive, absolutely

i can tell by your question you aren't a street fighter, i am, i've lost fights b/c i wanted to square up and box people, you should look into mentalites, one specifically is discussed in this book i can't remember the title of called "the sucker puncher mentality" what they do is wait for their opening, and deliver, as hard and as fast as they can, and if it doesn't work, go fuggin nutz, and it WORKS LIKE MAGIC, but its dirty, but who's fair anymore. People that don't fear getting hurt fight better because they will deliver w/ confidence and not try to switch between aggressive and defensive, cuz they say the best defense is a good offense, but they never say the best offense is a good defence

so yeah, he's absolutely correct, go out and talk to people that consistantly win fights that you would consider "inexperienced" and look at their mentalites, you'll never see one who second guesses himself, they're always "GO GO GO 100%"

.....another reason y wrestlers make the best street fighters :D

look at me, i can dance, i know tae kwon do!