• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Members of your Karate/MA Worldwide.

yamesu

Has the number of Kyokushin students/members wordwide increased or decreased since the 1980's?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Has the number of Kyokushin students/members wordwide increased or decreased since the 1980's?

• Increased.
    • Decreased.

Does anyone know the stats of the number of members various karate styles there are? Pls post this answer.

Ive read that in the 1980's Kyokushin and World-Oyama Karates had an enlisted membership base of 13 million plus, hello to all my Kyokushin Brothers and Sisters around the globe.

Does anyone know if this figure has risen or declined in the last 25 yrs?

(Pls take poll for answer and post reasons/sources of info, thanks.)

Id say it had increased from the number of new students in my local Kyokushin dojo rising all the time, but thats not exactly a fact now is it.

Osu.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well, I don't study Kyokushin, but I think that the number of martial arts students worldwide has certainly risen, partly due to the fact that people feel an increasing need to be able to defend themselves in an increasingly violent society.

Also, the addition of TKD to the Olympic Games, and the rise in popular MA shows on TV (such as Pride or UFC) has also added to the number of people who start a martial art. Many of them don't stick with it, however, but that's another thread...

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!