• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yeah the tao is okay - but it's not gonna solve all of your problems...

JLee - If your not too concerned with muscularity then don't worry too much about weights training - but some pushups would really help.

What u need to get your dad to do is teach u the basic Jab, Cross, Hook, and Uppercut - then spar spar spar.... that will get u a great amount of skill in the shortest amount of time... Although having a proper system of lessons with an instructor would be more beneficial u can still learn quite a bit of everyday boxing by getting taught the four main moves and then practising and adapting them.

Hope it goes well for u mate.

Rick :karate: :up:

RJT: 2nd Degree Black Belt Freestyle Kickboxer - 3rd Gup HapKiDoist - 6th Kyu Zen Go Shu KarateKa

Just Kick Them, They'll Understand...

-TBK

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

NOTHING solves all problems, and the Tao is not meant to, it in fact stresses that hard work is the key. It's very useful for the afforementioned punches as well, outlining different methods and combinations as well. Keep the corkscrew hook in mind, it's very hard to follow and can open up most opponents for a devastating straight lead.

So above all, just give it everything you got!

To condemn the art of another is to condemn your own as well. We all have the same origin.

Yeah that too :P

Rick :karate: :up:

RJT: 2nd Degree Black Belt Freestyle Kickboxer - 3rd Gup HapKiDoist - 6th Kyu Zen Go Shu KarateKa

Just Kick Them, They'll Understand...

-TBK

• 2 weeks later...

I would just say practice. Not only physically, but mentally. For example, if I get bored, I start thinking about a technique I need to improve upon. I go through the motions many times, until I feel I've got it or I have to focus on something else. I also reflect on past sparring matches, or what I will do the next time I spar against someone I know.

The greatest clarity is profound silence.