• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do like I did, work your butt off and pay your own way and when you can drive yourself and make sure the car is full of gas when you get back!

A Black Belt is just a white belt that don't know when to quit!

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do like I did, work your butt off and pay your own way and when you can drive yourself and make sure the car is full of gas when you get back!

Totally agree with this thought.And if you're paying for the train you get to pick what you train in

• 2 weeks later...

If ur looking for a good korean style, why not try Hapkido?

Here is a brief description I got from http://www.martial-arts-info.com

"Hapkido is a Korean martial art, and combines techniques from Karate, Aikido and Judo. It also draws influence from other native Korean martial arts. Characteristic for Hapkido are the wrist locks and throws that can look quite spectacular. Hapkido uniforms are available in white and black and have a characteristic diamond pattern.

Developed in the 1940s and 50s, its founder Grandmaster Choi had learned martial arts first in Japan, in a school of Daito-Ryu Aiki-Jujutsu, an ancient form of Jujutsu that was practiced mostly by Samurai.

On Choi's return to Korea, he added many techniques to defend against particular types of attacks, and borrowed heavily from other styles. The name of what is known as Hapkido today changed several times, and famous students of Choi such as Ji Han Jae continued to develop the art and were instrumental in bringing Hapkido to the west, where it was taught to FBI and other US government agencies.

During this time Ji Han Jae met Bruce Lee, who was very impressed with the techniques of Hapkido. Ji Han Jae coached Bruce Lee, who then went on and incorporated certain aspects of Hapkido into the development of his own emerging style, Jeet Kune Do."

Very practical and interesting style, a great all round martial art. See if u can find any clubs near you.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

^well the only place around here that teaches Hapkido is the same place that teaches TKD. i heard that hapkido schools associated with or practiced with TKD isnt very good.

NOO!!! my parents made me quit my muay thai and BJJ class cause it was too far from my house and too expensive :bawling: damn, since my parents come from a very traditional korean family they want me to take a korean art. im currently looking into tang soo do..something practical for self-defense on the street..ok im done whining now

JLee, have you started training at another MA school yet, or are you still looking?

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

^umm. im still looking but i want to train in wing chun at the same place i had to quit at, the wing chun sifu is Francis Fong, one of the best on the east coast or probably the whole country, but im also interested in tang soo do