• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

NOO!!! my parents made me quit my muay thai and BJJ class cause it was too far from my house and too expensive :bawling: damn, since my parents come from a very traditional korean family they want me to take a korean art. im currently looking into tang soo do..something practical for self-defense on the street..ok im done whining now

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

y'know, some people have parents who don't let them train at all, whether it be money issues or safety issues or health issues. and eye injury nearly kept me out for life, and money issues nearly forced me into quitting my current school. the point being be thankful for what you have. tang soo do is not a bad style, go into it with an open (and at the risk of sounding to philiophical, "empty") mind, and i'm sure you'll find you'll enjoy it.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

Sorry to hear that you have had to give up Muay Thai and BJJ.

Battousai's point is a good one - at least your parents are still allowing you to train.

Plus, when you are older you may be able to resume your MT and BJJ training. You are still young, so it isn't the end of the world (even though it may feel like it).

If you start Tang Soo Do (or whatever art you start) with an open mind I'm sure that you will enjoy it.

Just remember that your new art will be different to MT and BJJ. However 'different' doesn't necessarily mean 'bad'. If you start your TSD training with a positive attitude that you're going to suceed and do your best then I'm sure that the change in direction won't be too hard for you to take.

Good luck. :karate:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

just bug the crap out of them to let you back in. you may have to get a job or something and pay for it yourself- maybe showing that kind of responsibility will persuede them? if not, maybe you can lie and say koreans originally made up muay thai and jiujitsu and that the other people stole it....

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli

crazy people... still though, can/would they stop you if you pay for it yourself?

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli

Well if you are looking for a traditional Korean Art, I suppose Tang Soo Do would be great. lol. It is a great art, really. you Muay Thai can only accentuate your training in Tang Soo Do's strikes, but you will find it versitility too.

What is more practical to use on the streets? Hapkido or Tangsoodo, sorry for all the questions but theres so many places around here, and i narrowed my choices down to those two. All the TKD dojangs here dont have good instructors.

Both are good styles (if you have a decent instructor!).

I'd try out both styles first to see which you prefer, before making a firm decision.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!