• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

wear it, just when you don't you'll get an injury. Monday night we only had a few minutes left so our instructor/my hubby had us spar light contact and I sprained my flipping big toe, so now I am hobbling through class :o wear it.

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. They will say you're not good enough, strong enough or talented enough; you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. ………..….

“AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."

Nike Ad.

In the assocications that I've attended & in my own opinion, it's down to the individual. If you feel you need it in class, wear it in class. You may get some people question you about it, but then again people are always going to question something new/different.

During competition's (over here in the UK that I've been to/competed in) in semi-contact it's optional, in light continuous its a requirement, as it's a Health & Safety requirement (I haven't done full contact so I won't comment on that :) ). And of course you have your shin guards, mitts, gum shield, groin box (males), chest shield (female), etc which are required of you anyway.

-Ken

Tang Soo Do: 3rd Dan '18

Shotokan Karate: 2nd Dan '04

• 5 months later...