• advertisement_alt
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS BELOW IS NEW

NOW THAT THIS HAS BEEN OUT THERE I WANT ALL TO KNOW

THAT WEARING SPARRING GEAR AND HELMET ARE SAFE

I ALMOST GOT KICKED IN THE HEAD A FEW TIME.

PLEASE KEEP THIS GOING I WANT ALL TO KNOW

THIS BELOW IS OLD

I FORGOT TO TELL YOU THE ADULT ARE Tall then me.

i just want to know if i should wear head gear for sparring?,,, because the adults donot and the kids do ,,i am 37

from matt blake

You better wear it when we spar :D No, just kidding, it's good to wear when sparring inexperienced (overzealous) partners, they can be dangerous :)

Best regards,

Jack Makinson

• 6 months later...

thank you for your replys it helped me

to wear head gear with face mask one time i got knock to

the ground when some one hit me right in the face but i was wearing head gear with face mask

i did not get hurt at all

keep the good help coming

you all are great and the help saved my life alittle

from matt blake

Main worry i'd have is that a lot of people who wear protection over a body part proceed to not defend that body part. If they have a helmet, they walk head-first into kicks and punches fearlessly where they need to be defending, and learn bad habits. I'm not sure that the helmet causes a decrease in injuries as a result, because where the guy with the head gear is bobbing and weaving and blocking thinking "Yikes, that almost took my head off", the guy with the head gear is walking into the same attacks getting clocked upside the head with kicks and punches going "OW! Good thing I have head protection! *BAM!* Ow! Good thing I have head protection!"

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

i dont think they should forever, at least until they are comfortable with guarding their head, in my school you only get to wear it for your first head contact match

"Live life easy and peacefully, but when it is time to fight become ferocious."

i dont think they should forever, at least until they are comfortable with guarding their head, in my school you only get to wear it for your first head contact match

that's acceptable if you aren't sparring alot and without a lot of heavy contact. If you are a thai boxier, kickboxer, boxer, etc. I would definitely advocate it, as they spar a lot and with a decent level of contact. your MA isn't worth turning your brain to mush.

no i dont think you do i am 15 and i dont, and my school is a full contact school and now i can get and give head shots to certian people, but no i dont think you should

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

• 2 months later...
no i dont think you do i am 15 and i dont, and my school is a full contact school and now i can get and give head shots to certian people, but no i dont think you should

you also probably don't throw headshots with the frequency of some people. If you trained full contact at a boxing or thai boxing school, you would WANT head gear... A facemask is a little extreme, but headgear should be required.

1. it's a safety issue

2. if you are competing on an amateur level, you have to wear it anyway, so you may as well be used to it.

3. even wearing headgear, you still feel it when you get hit. anyone with sense will make a conscious effort to defend against headshots, as opposed to just walking into the blows.