• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

adult in karate class not wear head gear & NOW READ UPD

should i wear head gear if the adult do not iam 37 for sparring  

22 members have voted

1. 1. should i wear head gear if the adult do not iam 37 for sparring

• yes
    • no

I would wear the headgear atleast until you have become very comfortable with sparring because it is pretty safe to say you might get your butt kicked when you first start sparring so the more protection the better. :D

What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others. - Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most all of us have to work outside of martial arts or we have families so we do not want injuries. I think if the protective equipment is available you should wear it and not worry about what others are doing because you aren't responsible for them.

Everyone, at the Dojo I go to, wears sparring gear. It's policy. I wear it, my kids wear it, and my husband wears it. Better safe than sorry, everyone has to show up to their day job in the morning.

:D

Carol

"There is a time in every mans education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse,... " Emerson

86years in the making..... Red Sox World Champs.....

• 3 weeks later...

Matt in my dojo and that of my teacher's the adults only wear hand gear, the karate type. With that said if anyone felt uncomfortable or unsafe then not one of us would have had any problems with a person wearing head gear. So i find myself agreeing with everyone else, better safe then sorry.

Everyone that I teach wears a headgear during sparring but this is more for liability reasons.

I also attended a school where no one wore headgear and never saw anyone suffer injuries because of it.

Most injuries that I see are facial injuries and the common headgear does not protect this area.

Everyone wore a headgear when I trained in boxing but the punches were far less controlled than in most martial arts classses.

I guess that the bottom line is "better safe than sorry"!

What works works

• 2 weeks later...

thank you all safty comes first

I MEAN IT!!!

I want this topic to get out there

saftey first take note

i am not spaming this topic i just want you all

to take saftry first IMEAN THOSE OF YOU that do not

wear head gear should but it is up to you.

from matt blake

I do a lot of tournements call traditionel and we only wear cloves to fight.I fell confortable in that and I found that poeple are more respectfull when they fight and have more control. I also do a lot of open tournements where is free for all,I always tell the others that I have to work on monday.So to wear the head gear or not is up to you and how you fell.

I don't train for belt color I train to survive on the street