• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First of all, I am 30 yrs old, out of shape and have martial arts back ground. I have really been thinking of competing in a mma event. I wonder if I am to old to even be thinking of this. Any thoughts on the matter? I know that I will need a lot of training and I live in sacramento CA. If anyone knows of a good school let me know.

thanks

Where Art ends, nature begins.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ken Shamrock used to have his original Lion's Den on the northern outskirts of Modesto. Maybe he still has a school there. Other than that, i used to know some places and people thereabouts in Sacramento, but it's been over 10 years.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

i seriously doubt youre young enough to become a contendor- but then again, if you have the talent it's entirely possible. either way you ought to get into it if you want, its great stuff. even if you are too old to win a ufc championship (not that im saying either way for sure), at thirty youre nowhere near too old to benifit from mma.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli

go for it. find a good gym - There are three bjj black belts sacremento - Mario Cerezo, david terry and and cassio werneck. Check them out. find a good striking school too, and you will be set. give yourself time, and then begin competing in local events.

Good luck with your MMA training! Don't give up! Who knows, you may be a big winner one day.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

A lot of the guys competeing aren't the youngest in the world. I started competing in San Shou at age 28. Sure you'll be banging away with some one who's a lot younger than you, but additional training will get you into the shape needed. But if you haven't trained in a while(says you have a martial arts backround, not if you're still training) or in horrible shape, you should take at least a year to get yourself ready.

Thanks for all the replys so far, I do plan on training for about a year. I am not really shooting for the UFC, just some local event that they have here and the bragging rights to say that I competed, win or lose it will be a great experiance and get me back into shape.

Where Art ends, nature begins.