• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

a bleeding lip and a very sore jaw

success,

i went again to spar with the same person yesterday, i blocked , i countered, i get my cool, he (as usual went full on), he couldnt hit me, and i persistently kept on hitting him, bringing him down and making me the better fighter, i couldnt have done it without you guys, thnx for the tips

its funny how the basics are so helpful even with the most advanced fighters.

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thnx for the reply.

when i fought him, i never attacked, just kept on "blocking and countering", you would be surprised how well it worked, its was funny though, at the end of the fight, he says, "oh yeah the punch never hurt me, i always do crunches so my stomach is really hard" "but you fought excellently", people who are much better than you in fighting, once you train with him you become alot better,

now my next step, is instead of just blocking, and always defending, i will know become the attacker, HAHA,

but to remember to keep my cool :bigwink: :grin:

its pay back time :kaioken: :angel:

-ad :karate:

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

Ahh, u gots the goods bro... remember, if u wanna evade, don't go backwards, go to the sides of their attack and then counter from the side position, probably with a rear lerg roundhouse or a ridgehand. Until next time, take it easy bro.

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

Hey, last night I used some of these tips in sparring a fully grown man, well built, the best Practicioner in our club at this belt rank. I used some of these tips and they really helped. First he tried laying in to me, so I moved around sideways. He then tried it again, I moved around sideways. As he paused to consider what to do, I came in quickly with some shots to the face and a kick to the knee. These tips really work! :razz:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

If you're worried about gettin' your a$$ kicked you should open up on him. Many people lose fights cause of a lack of confidence. Know that you can kick him and take him down. Wait for a chance and place a good thrust kick to the groin. See if he goes full force again. You have to let him know "Hey, watch your a$$ when you spar with me or it'll get kicked." Good luck to you. I hope that my advice does you good. :karate:

Boards don't hit back.

-Bruce Lee

• 2 weeks later...

I can feel your pain Im a smaller guy too. I found

that the side to side movement helps. I also will

Trade a few shots with the bigger guys who try to

maul me. It shows a little spirit and they tend to ease up a little if they were going too hard.

Remember Pit-Bulls are small but they have TEETH.!!!! :bigwink:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.