• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

a bleeding lip and a very sore jaw

Ad sounds like you are really in a hard core school. Stories like yours used to be very common. As more people began to train and younger students began to train most of the rough and tumble was toned down. It is not the best thing for retention of students.

Some schools even used events like that to weed out the serious students from the wanna be's.

It is your choice. You need to evalutate your reason for choosing to practice a martial art. And to evaluate the reasons you chose that style. Then take another look at why that school.

Personally I would also take a look to see if other students have had those kinds of experiences and how they were handled. And to see how common such incidents occur.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it doesnt seem to be too bad, but i have a consistent problem of always dropping a guard, so she said if you did it again, im letting you fight him, its sort of a harsh punishment, but no biggie, i gotta learn to jus keep it up :up:

thnx for the posts

-ad :karate:

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

Don't worry to much and DON'T change school just because of one guy.

Ask your self ,"Am I learning anything?"

when I fight a bigger guy, its better to doge then to block because his power could blind you. Train hard and teach him a lesson. Have honor.

"Don't think!! Feel..."

-Bruce Lee

https://www.muaythaiboxing.friendpages.com

This site is dumb but I made it so it is good.

Kick this m********er's ass!

"If your efforts only help yourself, you are only doing half the job"

Karateka

[ This Message was edited by: Karateka on 2001-12-09 09:57 ]

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

ya keep it up some day you be like him :up:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

well not yet but if you were 18 ,19 and then he would be about 26, 27 and you worked out probably you could kick his ç§. :grin:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

And now why I am loathe to respond to this sort of thing.

1) I have a student who thinks he keeps his guard up even tells me it's up then is surprised that people consistently score on him. Believe me, it's not up!!

2) Talk to your instructor about the contact level. Don't ask on here. We have no idea what's going on. I had to show a student a video tape the other day to get her off my case about contact level. My leg is actually contracting from a side kick when I hit her. Saw how fast she was coming and I pulled it in to avoid hurting her. She moved in so hard that she actually impaled herself on my foot. Slow mo is a glorious thing.

If what you say is going on, is actually going on, that's a problem. But you are early enough in this game, that you may not be reading the situation well.

If I had a dollar for every time a skydiving or karate student told me what happened and it had nothing to do with the facts...