• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kyokushinkai??

walden

What can you say about this style of karate? I am planning to start attending training this coming saturday here.

Be good in doing good deeds be the best in doing bad.....

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have been doing it for about 3 weeks now. Its full contact, although i havnt had much of a go at that yet. I suppose it depends on the dojo, but ive really enjoyed the intense training sessions, especially the really phyiscal ones.

Generally really enjoying it, cant get enough.

ive been training Kyokushin for a few years now, and am only a 4th kyu, (hey, im still proud,) but i love it more than any other art i train.

One thing i can tell you is that the training is HARD, if you want a quick black-belt dont join Kyokushin, (at least not a respected club anyways....) to gain 1st dan in Kyokushin involves the 40man kumite, a feat for a normal man in itself. Although, again, I have witnessed some Kyokushin dojos using tamer fighting techniques on some lesser-skilled blackbelt wanna-be's, but hey, theres always a McDojo somewhere right?

Osu. ( <--Another great element of Kyokushin!)

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

Well, perhaps it's good i need to trim some fatty bellies here, lol. Atleast, if I got beaten up I'll learn my lesson in running :). I like the 40man Kumite. Imagine if you can beat them all you're really cool, but must always be kind and generous with anyone.

I love it, I'll be doing it for life :) A lot of hard work with good outcomes though. You'll meet amazing people, and you'll realize that you can go almost anywhere in the world and still have a family there.

Well, I've enjoyed it! Some painful muscles but i'm feeling lighter. I have been attending training for 2 saturdays now. I love it and I hope that i will learn lots of things from this.

I would like to share with you guys why i started practicing karate. Two years ago (December 24th) I was held up and unfortunately, stabbed on my left chest! I was in the hospital for ten days with a hose inside my lungs to remove the blood inside it.

The question is it okay?

Thanks,

OSU