• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

low leg kicks and what punchies should i use?

:karate: 1) i want to know where the low leg kick should end up?

2)what punch and where should they end up most of the tme?

i was just wondering i am new to sparring.

please e-mail you answers or concerons to matbla@capital.net

from matt blake at matbla@capital.net :bawling: :karate: :idea:

Edited by matbla

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You only needed to post one topic.

1. The Knee Cap area (The Weak point of the leg)

2. Your second question is confusing since your spelling and wording is all wacky. But I'll try to answer the best I can. A straight punch aimed where the defense is at it's lowest point, like the face or body and a hook with the opposite hand is a handy and simple combo in kickboxing.

If your enemy refuses to be humbled......you must destroy him.

/sigh...

if you kick the kneecap in many forms of sport fighting you are going to get in trouble.

If you are looking for self defense then sure the kneecap is the weakest point and will give you the greatest opportunity for maximum damage if that is your intent

But since this was posted in the kickboxing, boxing, and muay thai section I tend to think it relates directly to sport fighting.

if you are talking about sport fighting then you want to aim for the meaty part of the leg above the knee either on the inside or outside.

a punch combo i like to use with a low kick is an opposite side hook.

for example... throw a right low leg kick followed by a left hook to the head.

it works well for many reasons,

one - the person distracted towards his legs and the side you kicked often times leaving an opening high and on the opposite side.

two - the low leg kick can often unbalance your opponent and the left hook will put him down, or move him completely off balance and leave him open to other punches/kicks

three - its a fairly natural punch as when you come through with a low leg kick on that side your body is wound up for the left hook already so it is a maximum force punch at that point.

youre just going to have to find out for yourself what works with you, against who, and so on. theres a million combos out there. for boxing though, i will say this: never underestimate the jab.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli

Hey remember, we kick with the shin in MT not the foot. An instep against a knee and the small bones in your foot will get broken. Lucky is right, also the calf muscle is a doozy. For punches, MT guys punch like boxers and not like karatekas who start at the waist. What ever punch u r learning do it slow and properly. :brow:

Donkey

You only needed to post one topic.

1. The Knee Cap area (The Weak point of the leg)

not really. it depends on technique. a roundhouse to the outside of the knee won't do too much damage at all. However, a roundhouse to the inside of the knee can. A front stomp or a side kick directly to the front of the knee can do damage, provided the knee is not bent too much. When using the side kick or front stomp, however, you have to consider target size, as that's a small target to aim for and is pretty easy to miss. with the roundhouse, you are working with more area, as even if your aim is off, you may still do damage via hitting the calf or the sciatic.

my two main leg targets are the inside of the knee and the sciatic.

what? a roundhouse to the side of the knee can be devistating if you hit it hard enough- which isnt THAT hard really.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli

not really. not from the outside. you can move with it and bend the knee - that's just how the knee works. how often do you hear about damage to the knee from a roundhouse to the outside? you don't. Because you do more damage by hitting it straight on or from the inside. Now, a roundhouse to the inside? sure it can be devastating. I got my meniscus injured from one.

hmmm, i suppose- but its still dangerous, and that * still hurts like a bitch.

-Machiavelli