• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Going to Thailand to learn Muay Thai with no experience?

To be honest, I'd advise against it

I've considered going to Thailand, but I'd prefer to learn Muay Thai in America first.

I don't plan to go to Thailand until I have train Muay Thai here for at least a 2 years.

However, yes, it will be a great experience. You could get some awesome fights in those 4 months, so I'd enter with some experience.

THE MASTER OF THE WORLD'S FINEST!!

SOUL SONIC STYLE!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

go for it! i plan to go in the next two years but seeing that you dont know any martial arts i would advise that you take some boxing and get hit a little bit before trying to go and train in thailand. good luck

Fist visible Strike invisible

and for what it's worth, my older sister spent 6 weeks in chiang mai, and didn't get anything. you're not that far from civilization and if you do come down with something, you can be rushed to a hospital. she loved it there, but says you'll be bloody sick of rice. she says if anything'll get to you, it's the bugs. roaches, scorpions, spiders the size of your hand... just hanging around your room. she says she got used to them eventually, but it really creeped her out in the beginning. still, a great experience. don't discount chiang mai just because it's in the jungle.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• 4 weeks later...

Hhahahaa, Man that's nothing Jungle rubbish spiders the size of your hands, not true I live 8 years in Thialand and been to worst cinagmai is great for tourist...and a wonderful place, rice is ther main food in thailand,,like bread here in the UK,

There will be a day that you can't cope with your life, I want you to look at the star and remember, I always smile back at you. luV u lots Jen

Sorry to put it bluntly, but I think you're crazy to go train in a hardcore Muay Thai camp in the middle of the jungle without ever having any formal martial arts training before, or at least a good physical training.

i say go for it. i have trained in thailand. they have camps that are very tourist friendly. ie train in day go to western hotel at night, eat at western restrant, chase women (well in thailand there is little chase)

they have camps for beginners

i beleive in learning right the first time.

i have trained in korea for a year also and i find the thais to much more forengner frendly.

make sure your cardio is great before you go. you dont want to waste your time grabbing your knees and panting.

Yeah, I belive tai mantis is right, don't worry abou the foods, thai are friendly the weather is hot, so start excercising like running before go there, hope it all goes well mate.

There will be a day that you can't cope with your life, I want you to look at the star and remember, I always smile back at you. luV u lots Jen