• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i have never done kickboxing but i do practice brazillian jiu jitsu and i think the belt systems in martial arts are very helpfull to the students. i think it gives a student alot of pride... sort of physical proof of how they are progressing. i know the first time i got promoted i was grinning for days. even though i was at basically the same skill level as the day before i felt so different.

" The art of Kung Fu San Soo lies not in victory or defeat, but in the building of human character." Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo

• 5 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
My academy goes white, yellow, high yellow, orange, h orange, green, h green, blue, high blue, brown, h brown, low black black. Psycho's academy is ran the same as mine (our masters are brothers). As for the art/sport arguement, what I do is called Sport Kickboxing, we do Kata's, Ipon Kumiteh's, and other "art" type stuff, we have a creed we open our classes with etc. But we also spar and learn self defence, and grappling type stuff. Kind of a mixed bag....I like to think it makes me more well rounded!?!!?!?

A belt system in Kickboxing sounds strange and weird to me :-? What is tested, what is taught in each level?

I've been training in Muay Thai for 5 years and have NEVER heard of a belt ranking system before, some of my friends train in Kickboxing and Muay Thai and they haven't heard of this either. If it works for you and you learn better then great :) , but it's still sounds strange to me!

Limits Are Not Accepted. They Are Elbowed, Kicked And Punched.

I agree with the belt system, my muay thai team uses it, and at first I was reluctant about it, but when my teacher told me it's just to let everyone know what you have already learned, so they dont have to teach you things you already know, so if your white sash, they won't teach you things before that because you already learned them because you have the sash. YA KNOW!

Made in Thailand.

• 1 month later...
Our kickboxing school doesn't have a belt system, although it has only four active students so it doesn't really matter. I kind of like it better without a belt system, although it doesn't matter because our teacher knows us on a name(friend) basis.

• 1 month later...