Looking for some good advice

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So KKMom, you have quite the interest. Do you have any plans to start training? Many here have started this way.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

Funny you should ask. I did take a free class with the head instructor/owner's sister. She teaches a kadio karate class! It was great but then I could not fit it in the budget. My husband keeps telling me to find a way! he is a big fitness nut and thinks it was great that I found something I liked!

So I may do that at the end of this month if we see a light at the end of the tunnel as far as finances are concerned.

:karate:

you should try talking to the instructor. i initially couldn't afford to train where i am now, but my instructor and i had a talk and we worked something out. i've found that more often than not in exchange for cleaning up a bit, watering plants and doing other odd jobs, most instructors will slack up on fees. my old ones did that, too.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

Funny you should ask.

I was working a hunch! :lol: I knew it was only a matter of time.

My husband keeps telling me to find a way!

Go for it. :up: :karate:

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

Well, I'd strongly recommend that you GO FOR IT! try and find a way to train - I'm sure that you'll love it.

If finance is an issue, maybe your instructor will set up a special reduced-price package deal for you and your son. Or you could offer to do jobs for the club (filing, plant watering, general cleaning etc etc) in exchange for training.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

My organisation has at least six black belt women, three of them now instructors, who started because their children were training. They live for it. Looks like life's pushing you in a certain direction go with it. And I bet if you assume that you're going to start training, a solution will appear for the finances.

Yeap, I started Martial Arts because the wife thought it would be good for my then 14 year old son to learn how to defend himself as well as a good father and son bonding opportunity. I wasn't too sure being 34 years old at the time but I agreed and the rest is history. My son did real well for almost four years but then being a teenager got in the way and he had "other" things to do. I would ask him if he was going to go with me to train and he would say he had this or that to do so I would end up going by myself. He is now getting ready to go into the Navy and I'm still training by myself and loving every minute of it. It's funny how things work out. My wife now wonders if she did the right thing because I work a evening shift and the two nights I am at the house I spend at least two hours at the dojo. :) I can always remind her that it was her idea. :lol:

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

I am a huge believer in the family that has fun together is more successful.

I see the parents and kids that train together and i notice they tend to have more fun and learn quicker.

I woul strongly suggest trying to make it work and above all have fun!