• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Can anyone please point me too movies that contain the following:

-A sword fight where the two opponents heave two swords each, as in two in each hand.

-A good showing of the 3 Sectional Staff

-A hand to hand fight that's realistic (I mean, as realistic as it can get in a martial arts movie)

Thanks in advance.

Mike

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

well, i don't know what you mean by a "good" showing of a 3 section staff (realistic? sweet? :-? ), but the master of the flying guillotine has a pretty neat fight, though it's short. i've also seen a quick clip of one from a jackie chan movie; i think it was fearless hyena, but i'm not sure on that one.

for realistic fight scenes, it's been awhile since i've seen it, but i seem to remember jackie chan's the prisoner (actually, it's not really a jackie chan movie as much as he's in it and fights once or twice) as being farely brawl-ish. maybe not to much. snatch? else, i'd just go for UFC maybe? i dunno. i don't dig realistic fight scenes that much; they're not as entertaining.

i can't think of any double sword stuff off hand, but jackie chan's city hunter (a terrible movie, i really don't recomend it) has some double tonfa versus double club/whip thingies.... ummm... yeah, i got nothin'.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

Jackie Chan's Shanghai Noon has a short piece at the end where he uses a 3-section staff. Also some fun spear and sword work. Fun movie all around but as for realistic???

Res firma, mitescere nescit

i think the film you're talking about is 'island of fire'....

maybe....

real fighting..

how about in bridget jones when those two blokes have a go in the restaurant?

:brow:

there's a film that has a few 'not so flashy' fight sequences in it....

'prodigal son'.

its not by any means 'realistic' but it very well put together.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

"i think the film you're talking about is 'island of fire'....

maybe.... "

yeah, could be. i don't know, it's been a long time since i've been on a jackie chan binge... i forget.

a movie called "they live", now that i think of it, has a pretty realistic (i guess) fight scene in it, though they have ridiculously high endurance (one of them takes, like, seven knees to the groin). but that's about as realistic as i can think of.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

check out jet li's "Shaolin Temple" from 1979. that has some seriously good weopon work. tho i dont think they actually fight with them.

2 swords in each hand huh. now that would be impressive.

It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, and I am NOT a big man.

Tae Kwon Do (ITF) - 1st Dan Black Belt

Shotokan Karate - 6th Kyu

well, there's the teenage mutant ninja turtles movies... leonardo uses two swords...

yeah but...

A sword fight where the two opponents heave two swords each, as in two in each hand

read that line again...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."