• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey everyone, i've got a question for you people sparring out there.

What do you think about the crescent kicks in sparring ? You know, the one going from inside to outside aiming at your opponent's head/guard. Do you use it when you spar ? I personaly find it a bit too risky as it's relatively easy for your opponent to make you lose your balance on this. Just ducking and moving forward on you and you find yourself on the floor...

On the other hand, some people've told me that it was a very good move to push/keep your opponent away.

I don't know :dodgy:, what do you think ?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favorite kicks, I use it to pull the guard down of an opponent when sparring, as far as the power is concerned, I find it can be very explosive when breaking no more than two pine boards for myself, I can get the momentum up after about 20 practice throws :wink:

Best regards,

Jack Makinson

well i would say no it takes to long and people can counter easy if oyur slow at it or not to good you can fall and cost you a point well and maybe some more so no i would say :smile:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

::edit:: Edited by Bon

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

i love the cresent kick. althogh i think it is better left in the self defence side of the art than the sparring and comp side.

when facing someone who knows and is at the same level or higher than you in a fight then the cresent kick can seem like an invitation but to have as an opening move to a street fight it is invaluable first move. more for the look of it and the power you can get behind it than for the practicality of it.

well hope ive helped you in some way.

Henry South