• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Defending yourself against guns from a distance?

Do you remember that lawyer in LA(or maybe someplace else about 3 months ago) who was chased and shot by his client , he was jumping left and right and finally escaped all 6 bullets by putting a tree between himself and the shooter, it was a unique and rear video.

He didn't escape any of the bullets, actually. All of them hit him, but none of them hit any vital organs. His adrenalin allowed him to stay active and alert during the confrontation. His action of using the tree, bobbing to each side of it, worked for him because the shooter was friggin' nuts and wasn't thinking straight.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WW, true enough. But he survived because he got active and got evasive. If the guy is going to do you regardless, you have nothing to loose by trying.

Still, rooting for a lawyer is like rooting for the Oakland Raiders... :dodgy: :kaioken:

Freedom isn't free!

There is no reliable way to defend against an opponent with a gun at that distance.

This is when you need to be able to read your opponent intent. Usually your instincts will be correct. A hard looking character coming up to you with anger in his eyes would be a worse case scenario. Your probably screwed in this case and your best bet is too act weak and docile hoping he will not kill you.

A nervous person gives a few more options, but your more likely to survive if you run for it.

Trust your instincts and try to not get yourself in a situation such as this.

P.S. If you do eventually get the chance to strike, don't stop attacking until the guy is down and out. If you hit him and try to run for it, you may very well only get a few feet away.

Or, if you're really lucky, you'll have the once-in-an-infinite chance that the atoms of the bullet will line up perfectly with your own, and it will pass through you without any harm. Then, you'll look like a super-dude or something.

I also find that carrying a legion of flaming demon monkeys can also help.

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

"Or, if you're really lucky, you'll have the once-in-an-infinite chance that the atoms of the bullet will line up perfectly with your own, and it will pass through you without any harm. Then, you'll look like a super-dude or something. "

oh my god, how sweet would that be!?! :o especially if it happened to monkeygirl and her weird joint thing... y'know, they'd shoot her, and she'd crack her neck... "...yeah...now what, punk?"

oh, yeah, not that it would ever happen. as i understand it, the atoms of the bullet would more than likely be set so tightly together (because as i recall metals tend to bond together through a mass sharing of electrons) that you'd be hard pressed to get it straight through. and it's not like your own atoms are arranged in parallel lines. so... it's less one in infinite and more... never. but i was never a physics guru

Edited by battousai16

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

If someone pulls a gun on you, from any distance, the best thing that you can do is what ever he/she tells you to do. The only time you should even consider doing anything else is when you know, without a shadow of a doubt, that he/she is going to kill you. My life is worth more than whats in my wallet.

Train like your life depends on it....Because it does.

If someone pulls a gun on you, from any distance, the best thing that you can do is what ever he/she tells you to do. The only time you should even consider doing anything else is when you know, without a shadow of a doubt, that he/she is going to kill you. My life is worth more than whats in my wallet.

Ok, I've pulled my gun. Please mail me your wallet.

• 1 month later...
How to defend yourself against an attacker with a handgun, who is about 10 feet away from you?

Nobody is faster then bullet :D . Or perhaps there are some people who can catch it with their teeth :lol: .

hara wo neru