• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Defending yourself against guns from a distance?

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont quote me but at 10 feet and inexperianced shooter can still miss and probably will, remember he is nervous too, i would say run and not in a straight line. Now if he is a pro sorry for you bad day. Also look at where his trigger finger is at, it is a good bet that if it is in the trigger housing he is most likely an amature and that is another reason to be scared but in your favor he most likely is not used to putting rounds on target. RUN

Survivor

Dont quote me but at 10 feet and inexperianced shooter can still miss and probably will, remember he is nervous too, i would say run and not in a straight line. Now if he is a pro sorry for you bad day. Also look at where his trigger finger is at, it is a good bet that if it is in the trigger housing he is most likely an amature and that is another reason to be scared but in your favor he most likely is not used to putting rounds on target. RUN

Ok, I had to quote you.

Running perpendicular for cover is a good choice. Running straight back is not. A target in motion going from one side to another is harder to hit than one that is stationary. Of course if offering your wallet makes him go away then all the better.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

If I stress a newbie at the range, they start missing at about 15 feet.... or they hit really accurately. Sometimes the stress makes them not second-guess.

Of course, getting hit doesn't neccessairily drop you... so a single hit may not mean that you chose incorrectly. You will be gaining ground quickly.

I have to agree with most of the posters here. You need to run! And like the guys say, don't run in a straight line away from your attacker... run to the side (perpendicular) and look for cover. Cover are areas like walls, large dumpsters, cars, buildings, etc. Run for those areas and keep going. Don't run out into an empty field or other wide open area. Look for concealment areas- at nighttime, look for very dark, unlit areas you can run to. And run in a zig-zag pattern as well, shifting direction often and quickly. This makes you a harder target. If you are facing a gun in ANY situation, you MUST ASSUME the attacker is planning on shooting and killing you. If you think for a moment he will spare your life if you comply, then you are a fool. You cannot sit and wait and hope that he will thank you and walk away after robbing you. Do not fight with him unless you are supremely confident in your ability to defeat an armed attacker (very few people can do this), because once you engage, there is no losing. You will have to win or you will surely die. I like the option of running and hoping the guy is a bad shot.

Mixed Martial Artist

Or, if you're really lucky, you'll have the once-in-an-infinite chance that the atoms of the bullet will line up perfectly with your own, and it will pass through you without any harm. Then, you'll look like a super-dude or something.

I also find that carrying a legion of flaming demon monkeys can also help.

Exactly. Seriously, though, you don't want to try to fight a guy with a gun pointed at you. The majority of the time the person pointing the gun at you won't be after you, but after your wallet, etc. Toss it and run. I heard a statistic recently that someone will only hit a running target in a vital organ four percent of the time.

• 4 weeks later...

Run! if you can't, move very rapidly from side to side up, and down, side to side, etc and when he runs out of bullets, charge him when he's trying to reload. however, needless to say, at ten feet range with a semi-automatic pistol, your chances of survival aren't too high, even if it's a spring airsoft gun.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

1.) Step forward with your right foot, while reaching behind your back with your right hand.

2.) Firmly grasp the handle of your MP5K (other, more traditional styles prefer the Uzi), then slight it downward in a quick motion, much like a downward block.

3.) Perform a hard-ground roll, while slamming a clip from your belt (rank doesn't matter, though I have found that green works the best) into the empty space in your gun.

4.) Flick off the safety with your left hand while simultaneously releasing several three round bursts in the general direction of whoever is ugliest around you.

5.) Using a motion similar to an upward block, position the gun in a way so that you can blow your own brain out, since there is no way in **** you'll be able to fight a guy with a gun from ten feet away.

Ahahahahahahhahahahahaha.......... :lol: :bawling: :lol:

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."