• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I was thinking the same thing DLopez. They are common at my dojang, especially for females and some of the more umm... robust, men. We were doing some groundwork last night and I was glad I had mine. I wear what is called the A style by hanes, aka tank top, or wife beater. it is light and cut so that it doesn't insulate and the material keeps the uniform from getting so wet and sitcky.

A Black Belt is just a white belt that don't know when to quit!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

About 1/3 of the women in our club wear a tshirt. The rest just go with the sports bra. It's also common in summer here to see girls just working out in the sports bra.

Unless you've got a 14 year old boy in the class who has never seen flesh before, it's usually not a big deal. :)

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

It doesn't matter whether I am wearing a t-shirt or not (I do about 75% of the time...other times it's a tank or sports bra.) It's just kind of annoying to have to re-tie my knots! :)

Women's judogis are outrageously priced! I was going to buy one for BJJ, but having THAT gi come open is a good excuse to stop and take a breath :)

Thanks guys!

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

Most martial artists that I know personally do not wear anything under their gi's when training, even the women.

In my karate org it is forbidden for men to wear a top under their gi when training at regional or national events (it is ok for gener dojo training, but most men don't bother anyway).

Women are allowed to wear a top under their gi, as long as it it plain white.

I don't tend to bother wearing anything under my gi for karate, but I do wear a sleeveless top for Aikido.

Generally, I find it is too hot to want to wear another layer anyway!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I just thought of something, if you could get away with it a small safety pin through the middle of the knot would keep it from coming loose. Obviously not a good idea for the jujitsu folks, but for the others out there it might work for day to day stuff.

A Black Belt is just a white belt that don't know when to quit!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...