• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

best weapon for forms

Too many bumps/bruises I suppose on the back of my head, shins, elbows, and once to the groin (learned a good lesson of what NOT to do that night!
I also had a real nasty experience once with the kama, requiring 12 stitches to the bottom of my foot after class (not my smartest move that night).

SS, all I can say is...

OWWWWW!!!! :o

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Keep practising, after a while (and many bumps on the head )you see a big difference from when you first started .just don't give up to soon!

the best way to get hit is to not get hit at all

Traditionally I compete with the bo, but I have done sai before, though it didn't go quite as well. I'm now working on my kama, I think potentially it could do very well in a tournament. The fluidity of the weapon looks really good and it is very easy to get lost in (once you have the safety’s down).

The only two things that stand between an effective art and one that isn't are a tradition to draw knowledge from and the mind to practice it.

• 2 weeks later...

i would have to say that the bo is prob the easiest weapon to put a form together with, and it can really look quite good, esp at high speeds. Kamas are another fave of mine. a number of crisp strikes in succession can look spectacular.

chain whips, if you have the skill and patience to learn it, are always crowd pleasers so, for the sake of winning tournaments, would be a good choice.

by the way, does anyone have any info on the iron fans that samurais carried? i know that an art form was developed (tessen-jitsu?), are there any forms? i've been searching for ages with no success!

ive heard you can train it at certain BUJINKAN ninjutsu dojos, but thats about it.

Osu.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."