• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

extended training time

MOst martial arts schools provide a few hours training a week.

This is nice as a hobby besides work.

However I mostly work a lot at night but I'm very enthousiastic about martial arts.

I wonder if there are any courses that are kinda 9 to 5 .

Or maybe an extended number of seminars in a row.

That way I can take one or a few weeks off and train a whole lot.

Ive done an instructors course in krav maga for this purpose witch was 24 long days of training. That was nice. They offer more courses that I will look into. However I would like to check out other martial arts this way as well. Do you know any options like these in any other martial art/ combat system?

so vis pacem para bellum

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You'd probably have go to individual schools and speak to them about extended training.

Some schools offer an Uchi-deshi (live in dojo disciple) programme or similar, with the extended training but without living in.

If there's a particular style that you're interested in training a lot in, then try doing a search on google to see if any schools in your area are running courses, seminars etc.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

If you can afford it and can arrange it, try private instruction. It is best if you can find at least one person to go to class and work out with you if you go this route. Make as many regular classes as you can, even if only occasionally, and work with your partners regularly.

Freedom isn't free!

Private instruction is good, but like Delta1 said, it would be nice to have someone to attend with you so that you have a "live body" to practice on. :brow:

You may want to ask a potential instructor if he/she knows of someone in your situation that may want to train with you and visit the instructor on a regular basis. The instructor may have a special "day" class already set up with some regulars.

Good luck.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.