• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

weak karate students?????

luke_f34

I made the decision to eat that extra piece of cake and then go take a nap.

Uh, actually I'll take the blame for you on that one....

Oops, did that slip out? Man, my wife has trained me well. :lol:

Actually, I see this exact same thing in my wife. She has put on some weight since having our last child. She doesn't like it, but she doesn't want to do anything to lose it. Through the radio station where I work, we have memberships at two different gyms in the area, but she doesn't go. She doesn't feel like it's her fault (who cares what her diet is), she doesn't see why she needs to be the one to work to lose the weight. She's hoping the magic pills work, or now, she is trying to talk me in to paying for liposuction(sp?). :o

Now, I know your body does weird things when you're pregnant, but the baby is almost two now, and she has a horrible diet, doesn't do any excercise, and doesn't know why she is being punished by putting on weight. Since there is no one else she can logically blame, she blames God for this one.

She's actually mad at me for losing all of the weight that I lost. I keep trying to get her to come and train with me. Get on the floor and work your butt off.... literally.

I think I got completely off topic.... :roll:

Sorry

Student: "Why did you hit that guy with a chair? Why didn't you use your karate?"

Master: "Hitting him with a chair was the only karate I could think of at the time."

Lesson: Practice until you don't have to think.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and trying to get this back to something about martial arts....

.....the same can be said about the question of effectiveness of certain styles.

unless you really are being taught nonsense, if the things you learn don't work, chances are, it's your fault.

it has been said by many people more qualified than myself that mostly it is down to the person.

let's take royce gracie (or should that be the whole gracie family...?).

if what he (they) trained since year dot was something else, let's say tkd, or wing chun, or shotokan, i'm pretty sure he (they) would've still excelled.

there is no magic pill that makes you lose weight.

nor is there a magic way to make you instantly fitter or build more muscle.

nor is there a magic style that will make you an 'invincible' fighter.

it all depends on how much work you are willing to put in.

if nothing works, it's probably down to you, not the thing you are doing

(or not as the case may be).

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

I can't wait! Can you imagine the new, horrible diseases that could come about as the result of playing with the human genome? As Doc Holiday said in Tombstone, "I have not yet begun to defile myself." :dead:

Actually, I think gene therapy will do great good, but I'm referring to our track record of breaking a few eggs when we bake new cakes in the scientific world. Sorry, didn't mean to go off topic.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

actually DM, i think the McDonalds thing is starting to fall through, because it's been recently proposed that obesity could very well be a virus, and a contagious one at that. :roll:

as far as gene doping goes, i don't know how i feel about that. if one were to look at my parents, it becomes apparent that i'm fighting an uphill battle... hell, i'm from WI, the obesity capital of the world. but although i can stand to lost a few pounds here or there, i'd like to think myself quite fit. i think y'all have hit the nail on the head when you say it's up to the person, which brings up another point that shorinryu sensei is fond of bringing up-

it's not the instructors job to make you work out, that's something everyone should do on their own time. looking around my dojang, i don't know if people don't realise that, or they just don't care, or what. but it's foolish to just assume that going to class alone, even if you do it effectively, will make you into a modeling stud/stud-ette( :-? ). at anyrate, just my 2 cents

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

actually DM, i think the McDonalds thing is starting to fall through, because it's been recently proposed that obesity could very well be a virus, and a contagious one at that.

I knew I caught something when I went out last week without a hat. I need to go lay down... I'm coming down with obesity*caugh*... I just feel so weak...*wheeze*... must get to sofa and lie down before....I........pass..........out :dead:

Student: "Why did you hit that guy with a chair? Why didn't you use your karate?"

Master: "Hitting him with a chair was the only karate I could think of at the time."

Lesson: Practice until you don't have to think.

IMO I think Karate styles should make students over 16 do weight traning and have a level of strength in order to grade. But that will never happen and would probably cost too much. Although my friend does boxing and they make their students do weights. And I've think I heard its the same for Jeet Kune Do (Spelling). But im not quite sure.

IMO I think Karate styles should make students over 16 do weight traning and have a level of strength in order to grade. But that will never happen and would probably cost too much. Although my friend does boxing and they make their students do weights. And I've think I heard its the same for Jeet Kune Do (Spelling). But im not quite sure.

I wish they would teach like that.... it would be harder, but alot better, more of a comminment..