• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Las Vegas Shotokan

zuluking

I'll be in Las Vegas and would love to get a couple of workouts in at Las Vegas Shotokan at 2929 Sahara Blvd. What is the protocal? Should I call, send an email (so impersonal I think), or just show up? Is there anyone on this board who goes to that school?

Thanks in advance!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

call first.

When i was in a search for a new school when i moved i called all the schools i could ahead of time adn told them my situation and they almost all seemed more then happy to have me come in. Especially the ones that were my same style.

Also if worst comes to worst and they ask you for a 10dollar fee or whatever they might ask at least you know ahead of time and when you get there there is no hard feelings or akwardness

Hello,

This thread was started in another forum, so we removed the other one, but it did have a reply on it that I thought I'd quote.

I think the polite thing would be to call, so they know to expect you. I'm sure that just by being in Vegas, they get a lot of pop-ins, but it is always nice to know you'll be having a guest. :)

Above all, try and keep an open mind. Chances are, this instructor will do things differently and have some different ideas. Be open to them all, try them, and see how you like it.

I spoke with Sensei James yesterday. He was very nice and told me I could workout with them.

Great! Hope you enjoy it there and have good training.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!