• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What NON-Fiction Book are you reading at the moment?

BlueDragon1981

Yay! Another Bryson fan! :up:

You're so lucky to be doing the route that he did. Are you specifically following the route in the book, or are you just travelling that area generally?

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The handbook of knots by Maria Costantino

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

please delete this one, thanks

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

Heh heh, Terry Pratchett is GREAT!

Which one are you reading? I've just finished reading A Hatfull of Sky, which is one of his 'childrens' Discworld books, but is actually a cracking good read for adults too.

Sometimes I think that my house is really just a library with a bed in it... :roll:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Heh heh, Terry Pratchett is GREAT!

Which one are you reading? I've just finished reading A Hatfull of Sky, which is one of his 'childrens' Discworld books, but is actually a cracking good read for adults too.

Sometimes I think that my house is really just a library with a bed in it... :roll:

Yup just getting to the last couple of chapters of a Hatful of Sky too. I then noticed he has sneakily released a couple of books before that, that I didn't notice and so have not bought and now need to buy. (Monstrous Regiment)

He writes too quickly for my bank account to keep up!

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

He writes too quickly for my bank account to keep up!

I agree! He sure comes out with his next books quickly. I have all of his books and it has cost me a small fortune...

Monstrous Regiment is great - possibly the best 'adult' Discworld novel that he's written for a while.

My other faves of his are The Truth, Interesting Times and any with Granny Weatherwax and Nanny Ogg in them, especially Lords and Ladies.

Lords & Ladies was the project I did for GCSE drama, along with a few other people. I played Granny W, as well as The Bursar (too many characters and not enough actors to go around :roll:).

Sheffield Steelers!