• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but marvel at how, for instance, did JJ get to Brazil. Or how, did Kenpo get to Hawaii. Or how was Karate formulated. And discover the vastness, richness, and uniques of every system and their practitioners.

I had many years to practice physical methods (any many more hopefully), but for the past couple of decades, the history, origin, lineage, and people of these other systems continue to intrique me.

A "lineage freak". Hmnn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Wolfman! Yes, I practice baji as well, but only a little. My teacher is from northeastern China. So far, I have only studied the big baji form. There are a lot of other forms in the system, such as the small baji form, two-men sparring form, six big opening (liu da ghaai), and others. In comparison to other styles that I study, movements in baji are a lot simpler, but very direct and effective for short-distance combat. A lot of emphasis is placed on developing jing. I met a taiji/baji master from Beijing who told me that every stance in baji can be practice individually as pole standing exercises to develop different jing.