• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello everyone,

I've been training in Xingyi alongside my Shaolin Mantis recently, and i must say i love it. Does anyone else do Xingyi or any other Neijia (Bagua/Tai Chi)? I would love to discuss them with people who know stuff.

S

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wanted too. i looked all over my area for it. then, when i was settled into my current school, i found a xingyi school. apart of me was, like, BLAST! but i'm fairly sattisfied with where i am now. anywho, i think jerry love trains it or has before. i'm sure he'll wander on over at some point. all i know about xingyi is that it has a bad * chicken strike :wink:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know their translations or history/hierarchy. I do have an instructor

and I know we get the info from a couple of different sources. Some directly from china others from xingyi instructors here. So I don't know the exact lineage. Their philosophy for fighting is to be aggresive and to stay on the offensive.

I don't know their translations or history/hierarchy. I do have an instructor

and I know we get the info from a couple of different sources. Some directly from china others from xingyi instructors here. So I don't know the exact lineage. Their philosophy for fighting is to be aggresive and to stay on the offensive.

So you don't completely know about the art you are in? You have no such curiousity? How do you know if your instructor is legit? Do you know that there is a different way to spell it? There is the Pinyin and the Wade-Giles

spelling.