• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anyone ever take Krav Maga?

:D Hey, my MT gym has closed and I'm looking into Krav Maga. Now I have the literature, the school is legit and my friend says he loves it. MY problems are a)I like full contact and they don't usually do full contact until way down the road b)Its expensive and the actual classes r only 1 hr long. Any of u experienced MA guys out there taken this? I would appreciate some feedback before I spend money I don't have and end up hating it. :-?

Donkey

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've never taken it myself, or even had the opportunity to see it, but I wanted to comment on the one hour classes. personally, I don't feel a one hour class is long enouygh to accomplish much. My classes are two hours lonbg, and I've tried to get my students to go for a 3 hour class like my origional sensei held, but most don't have the time or energy for it.

How many days/week, and at what cost...if you don't mind me asking? Do they use contracts?

Just my $.02 worth.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Hi, I've never heard of it. Where does Krav Maga originate from ? What makes it unique, stands apart from the others ? I agree also that 1 hour is not much time.

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

:D Yeah, it's a deadly style and a well structured organisation. They do include a combat fitness program after classes, again 1hr. I usually like to do 4 or three hr classes, u know both beginner and advanced. My concern here is the no full contact as I like to spar hard as this shows me what Techniques and weaknesses I have to work on. :D

Donkey

It is arguably the most efficient style out there to date because thats what it was based to be. and they dont just use it to train the israeli special forces it is taught to all of their military. depending on the class set up(amount of people and how fast paced it is),as well as how the teacher trains you it may be plenty. some schools are taught very well, as well as having few people and having an intense style can make it unnecessary to make classes longer than one hour. there are variables to consider. find out how much it is then see if u cant watch if not even participate in a class...then decide.

I'm busy doing an instructor course at the IKMF. If you have questions feel free to ask.

When it comes to full contact sparring. I think it fits great in krav maga.

Some instructors like to spar a lot and full contact.

I guess some instructors don't do it, but that would be a school issue, not a style issue.

I think it is up to you to try it and then to decide if it's worth the time and the money.

so vis pacem para bellum

Fat Donkey, I think thats great, very interesting where and how it started, I hope you like it, let us know how your doing!

That's another name I will remeber: Imi Lichtenfeld founder of Krav Maga

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.