• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, i just free ball it...anyways

real good judo throws are hard to get...trust me. however, my first year i wrestled 30 lbs above wut i weighed in at(at the time i had about 6 months of judo practice). the only thing you should take from judo is suprising them when you can work from your back, other than that osoto will be the only possible pure judo throw.

There are two types of people in the world. Those that find excuses and those that find a way.

-Unknown

I might have to wrestling at school this year.Except The other teenagers in the class are huge hillbillies!Crazy people!Im a short guy, thats gonna have a hell of a time gettin thrue it

That shouldn't matter Mat. Wrestling is broken down into weight classes.

As to judo, what's going to make the difference is not the throwing, but the reversals. Judo offers some interesting insight into this that freestyle wrestling doesn't provide. You'll see more opportunities to turn things around, in case you find yourself in a bind.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

No, there are no weight classes at my school.

By the way , last year at my old school (Im in highschool now) me and my friends were messing around trying to trip each other and generaly take each other down ( "play fighting").I came out champion and im only 5'3.(Still am lol)My friends were much bigger.Anyway they went around and collected up about 10 people to try and take me down all at once.Anyway they still didn't provail and I came out champion once again!

I suppose I will be able to take care of myself in Highschool wrestling,but just the thought of 300 pounds come charging at me makes me a little nervous...

"Knowledge is Power!"

~Matousek~

Martial Arts

charging at you isn't the problem, it's when your on all fours and the 300 bls person drops on you...yeah say goodbye to your groin unless you can do full splits.

There are two types of people in the world. Those that find excuses and those that find a way.

-Unknown

No, there are no weight classes at my school.

So, you don't actually have a wrestling team at your school then, and don't compete against others schools?

This is not at all typical, for wrestling to be provided, but weight classes not defined. Have you talked to the coach, or been getting this info from your friends?

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro