• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

want help in knuckles and sparring help

matbla

I agree with the others on doing knuckle push ups and breaking in the punching bags and makiwara,

BUT.....this may never apply to you.....but if you ever decide to condition your knuckles i can help you do it correctly...there is a right and wrong way to condition them.....many methods actually, but if you are just looking for competition i wouldnt worry about if i were you, just stick to the punching bags and your exercises...good luck

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
:o If u want to save on the gi and can only afford one buy a judo Gi, They are a lot heavier but last for decades. It takes a lot of sweat to break them in but they never rip and the pants are reinforced also. As for equipment wraps and good bag gloves r a good investment as they ease u into your hand conditioning. For sparring equipment I would get good boxing headgear (eg Everlast) and for everything else get it straight from Thailand. Tons of good stuff for reasonable prices. U never said what type of sparring your referring too MMA, standup full contact or point? :D

Donkey

a good piece o gear fro sparrign is a pair of grappling gloves. They are padded for punching (and so can save your poor knuckles :) ) but allow the hand free movement for open-hand techniques. I have a pair from Playwell, http://www.playwell.co.uk, which have proven very useful.

3rd Kyu - Variant Shotokan

Taijutsu

"We staunt traditionalists know that technique is nowhere near as important as having your pleats straight when you die."

I can recommend Playwell equipment - everything I've bought from there has been reasonably priced but of good quality too.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

The heavy gi's that I wear most often are Blitz brand Silver Tournament. The trading name of the company is Japan Martial Arts.

I also have a (very expensive, but worth it) Tokaido gi.

Those are both heavy weight gi's.

The more expensively priced Adidas karate gi's are supposed to be good, although I've heard bad reports about their cheaply priced ones. Apparantly the cheap Adidas ones have a tendancy to rip and tear.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!