• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Very Hard Dilemna

I agree with your fighting philosophy. However, there are times that you really have to hurt the other person or he will make mince meat out of you.

Those are the times my version of "hurt" is likely to empty the pre-ban capacity clip from my firearm.

I generally see two situations: Situations where my life is in danger and I can't avoid it, and situations where it is not. In the former, I will do whatever will get me out of danger (and I'm likely to escilate way past some form of "minimum response" rather than try to guess how little I can get away with)... in the latter, I'm unlikely to fight at all.

I'm sure I can come up with exception scenerios... drunk uncle bill decides he wants to play around with the martial artist, I'm not going to shoot an obvious non-threat.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is good to have a firearm, :wink: .

Wing Chun Kuen Man

Real traditional martial arts training is difficult to find.....most dojos in the west are Mcdojos....some are better and some are worst....but they are what they are....do you train in one?

• 1 month later...

U train and train, learning to fight, but when u've got a gun pointed at you ur powerless to do anything...

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

wow, fisrt off i think you need to move! Secondly, what if you would have pounded in 3 of there faces, the other one could have shot you just like that. Whatever your decision may be...just be careful man. Life is totally random to us and anything could happen at anytime. Just plan wisely before you make your move. good luck

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

god let this die already...

It has already been handled.

Thanks for the reasonable responses i got from some people, but man some other people really need to think before they type..

like the last guy...

I need to move?

I live in one of the best places in the united states to live.

this isnt a normal incident here.

the average hoem price is oen fo the highest on the planet, the average income is one of the highest in the United States... its not a crappy area. Just a crappy group of people who wandered into the area.

And I know that i could have been shot if i had done really anythign different at the time then i did... the point was after the fact...

I do appreciate the advice from people, but I really wish some people would think more before typing and if they are unclear ask questions and specif as much as they can before giving a blatantly wrong answer... I have done this as well although i try to not ever do it.

lol

Edited by blitzcraig

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

Ok man, first off, sorry i even tryed to help...its your *, not mine. Secondly, you stated that this kinda thing has happened many times before and that you live in a great area? Its never happend to me...ever. So i guess i'll take back all i said and leave it up to you. And lastly, read what you type before you post it and make since at what your saying, and maybe, just maybe, our posts will make more since to you.

ok Blitz I went and reread my post.

I never stated clearly that this never happened in my area before, so ill give you the benefit of the doubt there. I think I did mention the people were not from the area though

But as far as making... SENSE.....I think the post made SENSE completely.

I guess one of my pet peeves is irrelevant or completely obvious answers...

And since I wasnt asking for advice on how to fight 4 guys with guns...umm DUHHH? who would?

The reply seemed ridiculous and somewhat frustrating.

Anyways like I said the issue is dead at this point :)

Lucky:

Thank God you didn't get shot. I understand your anger and frustration, I've been in similar situations.

Staying angry won't do anything for you. Anger is a useless emotion. Just be alert and avoid dangerous situations.

The Hammer

yea man, were cool. Sorry about that all. :karate: