• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Very Hard Dilemna

Ok This is a serious subject, and I am looking for some serious feedback.

I am absolutely Furious, and am trying to be objective as possible before i make any decisions.

Here is the background.

First of all... Before I got into the martial arts I was a scary person.

Fighting was both a job and a hobby for me, neither being on the right side of the law.

I have known and still know many unsavory types of people, although all of them accept me for what i am now.

I tend to look at fighting as a game. hence all my competitions and legal fights. Hell other then a few situations i couldnt avoid i havent had a non sanctioned fight outside of the ring for years and years.

I do still however run into that urge to unload when provoaked or taunted, I am able to control myself and havent had any issues sicne i decided to not fight illegally anymore.

now to the next part.

last friday night I was leaving a leadership training meeting at my studio and found myself in a situation where two cars with 4 guys in it basically had my blocked off. I am pretty sure they were looking for a victim.

When I was confronted i got out of my car so i could have some room, and i think it surprised the guys pretty much to see someone my size get out of the car for one, and then put myself in a position that they couldnt attack me all at once, and also not back down but hold my ground.

One of the guys pulled a gun, I was able to keep my head and i think from pure intimidation was able to stave off a bad situation from escalating.

I was able to get in my car and get away with no violence.

now I was furious, not so much that i was confronted by 4 guys, that has happened several times int he past and i have always had fun wth it... remember for me fights are fun...

I was furious at the lack of honor these guys had, i mean they had 4 people and i was 1 person adn they still pulled out a gun. Well the more i thought of it the madder i got and i called the cops and headed back.

No people, cops never found them.

It literally ruined my weekend as i couldnt get past the anger i was feeling.

I put the word out to several of my old associates and sure enough today i recieved word that the people have been found, along with their names, addresses, where they hang out, the entire deal.

Now the cops wont do anything, its a he said she said with no proof or eye witnesses just their word against mine.

What i am having a dilemna with is what to do.

I cant seem to let this go, which i really think i should.

Everything inside me is screaming to teach these guys a lesson.

I dont want to kill anyone or severly injur anyone, but i am damn sure wanting to teach them some respect and get that gun an any others off the streets.

I have decided to give this another week and try to calm down and let it pass, but if i dont know if i am still feeling then what i am feeling now if i can let it go.

Any advice from anyone?

Anyone been in a similar situation?

Thanks

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I have never had a gun pulled on me, but I do understand the lack of honor among some people. I am also glad that you or anyone else was not hurt. You knowing your own options, and the bigger picture, I would definately give yourself some time to truly come up with what is best. Strategy is a wise mans friend or a fool's death. I hope this helps.

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

First off, I understand your anger. But letting it get the better of you will probably get you into troublewith the law. Too many people, including the police, know there is something between you and them, and that you are angry. Also, it has been my experience that this kind of dishonorable trash are the first to start something when the odds are in their favor, and are usually the first to run to some authority figure for help evening things up when they loose. So, going after them is a bad idea.

Another take, when you squared off with them they were too chicken * to do anything, even with four of them to your one. It sounds like they pulled the gun to intimidate you so they wouldn't have to fight. Even if you deescalated and walked away, you won this one. Sounds like they were all too willing to let you go, as they had you cornered and had a gun, and did not press the attack. You showed common sense leaving, but they are the ones that backed down. Don't blow it by letting them land you in jail.

Freedom isn't free!

Luckyboxer,

Two eyes for an eye, leaves you with one good eye.

I don´t just understand your frustrations but I almost feel it. I am glad those b@$*@#ds did not pull the trigger. Then don´t call you the lucky boxer for nothing, huh?...lol

If your incident had happened in my country, those guys and their pets would be dead right now. I live in Brazil for now but I am not brazilian, I am Armenian. In Armenia things are different and we have our fair share of scumbacks, some of whom reside 6 feet under the ground . There are two places for skumbacks one is the cemetery and the other is a hole in the ground. However, before you decide to de anything you must give yourself time to cool down and think about the best way to do, or not to do things.

I will say one thing. The world is full of immoral cowards and I am sure that you know that. Here in Rio you have cases where armed muggers rob a victim and then shoot him just to see him and even her, fall dead. And no these things don´t happen because people are starving or anything, that is just a myth. These things happen because evil people are allowed to benefit and get away with such crimes. This happens as a government/establishment agenda to keep the people in fear, of course with a lot of help from scare mongering media who at the same time somehow do their best to protect the criminals´rights every time one of them is blowen away by the police. [This policy of keeping the public scared is not just peculiar to Brazil either. Where in some countries the fear factor is "bandidos" in other countries is the fear of "imminent war", "invasion", "civil war" or "the terrorist threat".]

Anyway, back to the relevant point. Someone quite rightly mentioned cosequences. You know if you kill any of them then there is the legal matter (unfortunately). If you just beat them up then they can still call the cops - eventhough I don´t think that it is as likely as other people think it is - or just come after you and catch you by surprise one day. The likely solution will be to not just beat them up but to traumatise them and that would mean to break some bones, cause extreme pain and psychological intimidation, including threats to their loved ones,etc...showing them that you are not alone and have a lot of muscle behind you etc. I have personally seen this work when a jamaican yardy type tried to intimidate a colombian friend of mine where my friend turned him into minced meat (with his hands) and the "tough" yardy eventually started crying after getting bloodied and suffering various fractures. We never seen or heard of this gangster again, I think he is a member of the Jamaican National Ballet nowadays...lol

If you can make trauma "therapy" and intimidation work, then they will nor call the cops and nor come after you. However, it is a very tricky thing to get right.

By the way, I am not advising you to do anything, I just demonstrated what in my opinion are possible solutions. However, I will repeat, COOL DOWN first, that way you will think clearly and you might even want to let it go, who knows.

Wing Chun Kuen Man

Wing Chun Kuen Man

Real traditional martial arts training is difficult to find.....most dojos in the west are Mcdojos....some are better and some are worst....but they are what they are....do you train in one?

if you wanna do something, do it. but know this: if you want to teach them a lesson, it wont stop at anything less than seriously injuring them. they obviously carry guns, youre not going to get it off the street (lets not kid ourselves about the reasons you want to take them on, either), and its very dangerous. if youre okay with all of that and feel like risking it, wait a little while, like a month or more, (opportune moment, once the let their guard down and forget about you) and take them out. but dont think itll just be a little brawl everyone goes home from.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli

STOP. I wouldn't advice doing anything against them. The police did nothing against them and if you go against them you'd become the aggressor and they would be coward and sly enough to turn you in. And from a victim as you almost were, you'd become the villain. Let them go. You've already showed them who you are. You could swallow your pride and leave the scene after the gun was pulled. You were SMART and judged the situation well. Is not worth giving your life for some stupid pride. And before who? 4 guys coward enough to attack in a pack and even pull a gun when feeling "outnumberred"? :D

Let it go. Go to the studio, punch a bag and imagine is all of them in one and cool off. Better destroy a bag and buy another than destroy your (social) life. It's hard to live with it, but it's not a shame. You didn't lose that encounter. It's a pity to give yourself trouble just because of some testosterone. We are here to listen to you and try to help you. We respect you for it and wait for good news. And in this matter no news is good news :karate:

I'd suggest talking to a counseler or someone to help you with your anger, though i hope you've calmed down by now. I don't suggest you do anything to them. There are too many variables that could land you in jail or kill you. They may have already forgotten your face buy now so don't go starting a war with them. If you do something to them, they will just get revenge by hurting you or a loved one. I also don't recomend intimidation tactics either since they can backfire and might just escalate things and endanger family members.

What you should do is pity these guys. Because, from what you've described, they're just a bunch of punks who'll either waste thier life away or wind up dead from a drug overdose or a gunshot wound. You shouldn't let them ruin you're life too. These guys don't need you to teach them anything since they're probably incapable of learning anything anyway. Maybe you should also cary a gun, if you feel it's neccessary (know your local laws and be well trained in how to use it ).

Remember He that lives by the gun will die by the gun

:kaioken: Yeah dude I've been in similar situations and years later I still get in a rage when I think about it. Those bloody cowards, I still want to kill them all and stick their guns and knives right up their behinds. :kaioken: But this is the heart talking and not the brain as u obviously know as your brain got u here to talk. If u r like me i.e. bad temper then u will probably remember this for years to come and it will still make u angry. Worse this is a lose lose situation because if u do confront these guys then it will just escalate until you or they are dead. U will never get any rest because u will always be looking behind u because thats how cowards attack, from behind. So turn that rage into something constructive, go volunteer to help train kids and teach them honor and responsibility. Don't piss your life away on a bunch of losers.

Donkey