• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kamiya

Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself as I'm new to the forums.

I'm Erin, 22 years old and tonight is going to be my first karate lesson. I did tae kwon do at school for a little while, but I stopped over a year ago, due to a little bit of laziness combined with internal problems in the club. But now here I am, I guess I just couldn't stay away from the martial arts. :D (Actually, this may sound corny, but although I've been had a nagging desire to start up again ever since I quit, nothing really pushed me to get going until I saw "The Last Samurai" a couple weeks ago. Then I was all "That's it, I'm getting back into martial arts NOW!" Does that sound dumb?)

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello! I look forward to my new journey, and to sharing it with my fellow martial artists. :)

~Erin

9th Kyu

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft."

~ Theodore Roosevelt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey Erin,

Welcome to the forums! :) I'm going to move this to the intro section so we can all greet you properly.:)

Anything that gets you back in the Martial Arts is a good thing.

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

Thanks for moving it, gheinisch, I wasn't positive where the best place to post would be. I've been lurking around here for awhile, shoulda remembered there was an introductions section. :)

~Erin

9th Kyu

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft."

~ Theodore Roosevelt

Hi, welcome to KF !

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

Thanks all, for the warm welcome! :D

~Erin

9th Kyu

~ Theodore Roosevelt