• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

things i have read.

interviews here and there.

and no.

i do not have links.

but i don't dig too far so they shouldn't be hard to find yourself.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• 1 month later...

I've also heard those things Drunken Monkey has posted. Because Bruce was so good and he became such an icon stories have been twisted added and such.

It's hard to find the truth even from those close to Bruce.

"What's your style?"

"My style?"

"You can call it the art of fighting without fighting."

In short, he was a man. And like man, human, there are flaws and events that occur. The notion that he as a good martial artists is widely accepted. The notion that he was one of the primary people whom bought respect to Asians and Asian fighting systems, is widely accepted. It is always easy to speak about someone after their death. Truth, eabberations, or straight lies will surface.

47mm,

you are discussing absolute fact vs. perceived fact. I ask you this. Is there anything that is 100% unchanged when it is filtered through our perceptions, even "absolute" fact?

I don't understand your point in bringing this up as it is fairly evident.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

I agree. We'll never know what really happened with 100% accuracy. I also don't think that it really matters how he died. I personally would rather think about how people lived. He was a martial arts movie star that made a great contribution to the arts by exposing them to millions of people.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

I also don't think that it really matters how he died. I personally would rather think about how people lived. He was a martial arts movie star that made a great contribution to the arts by exposing them to millions of people.

Well put.

I think there is way too much focus on who was first. I've seen other threads about Bruce where people try to discredit his accomplishments because he may not have been the first at this, or the first at that. Whether he was the first individual to implement the theory of fluid motion... who cares. Whether he was the first to implement some different training techniques... who cares. He was a great martial artist... whether its ever agreed upon or not about his fighting abilities. Henry Ford didn't invent the first automobile either, but it never stopped people from buying his vehicles. Bruce had some great accomplishments, entertained many people, exposed MAs to a whole new segment of society... enjoy what he did, and what he accomplished. Just MHO :)

Student: "Why did you hit that guy with a chair? Why didn't you use your karate?"

Master: "Hitting him with a chair was the only karate I could think of at the time."

Lesson: Practice until you don't have to think.

http://www.bruceleedivinewind.com/davismiller2.html

Heres a great link. This guy knows the great fighters of that day and seems to give good points.

I think we can come to a happy medium after reading this.

"What's your style?"

"My style?"

"You can call it the art of fighting without fighting."