• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What did Bruce Lee die from?

I am just a little curious. Some say that people were sent to kill him because he used forbidden techniques. Others say he died in his sleep. Or from an overdose. We will probably never get the truth.

R

O

N

I

N

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the answer to this lies in the same place as who actually killed Kennedy, who and where Jimmy Hoffa is buried, and where the lost ark of the covenant is at.

so many theories, so many peopel wanting to believe so many different things and everyone extremely passionate about it.

One thing for sure its a testament to how much he enthralled the world that this long after his death people still talk about him daily.

there are many random conspiracy theories, but...

the actual cause of death, after much investigation, was hypersensitivity to a checmical compund found in Equagesic, which is a relatively strong asprin pill. one of his fellow actresses, Betty Tai-Ping, gave him the pill when he had a headache. he fell into a brief coma-like state, and died about 3 hours later.

that is the "official" answer, though many people think that there may have been foul play...

• 2 months later...

True, he was stressed for some time...but his mind held more martial knowledge than most of us could absorb in a long lifetime.And for the record, the Lee family is certain that there was foul play.

Lee however, did not regret dying. He once said that if he were to die the next day, he would be happy, as he had accomplished his dream.

To condemn the art of another is to condemn your own as well. We all have the same origin.

I grew up with Bruce Lee movies and the Bruce Lee legend. He was a great martial artist but he was also an actor. The documentaries were chosen snippets designed to make him look good and the dramatisations are so conflicting that they are all likely to be a long way from the truth. From what I can see in real life he wasn't the hero he was cracked up to be. He was obsessive and from my observation, an egotist preaching humility. Humble achievers don't break their necks trying to make it big in movies. Great to watch, but not so great a role model.

i disagree with markusan. i think that his movies - while fun to watch - didn't portray the actual Bruce Lee. i have read a couple of his books, and he was a very good philosopher. he did have a lot of Martial knowledge and was a great teacher in great shape.

I think it's a shame that he tried to make it so big into acting. That's where he got his cockiness and stuff.

I grew up with Bruce Lee movies and the Bruce Lee legend. He was a great martial artist but he was also an actor. The documentaries were chosen snippets designed to make him look good and the dramatisations are so conflicting that they are all likely to be a long way from the truth. From what I can see in real life he wasn't the hero he was cracked up to be. He was obsessive and from my observation, an egotist preaching humility. Humble achievers don't break their necks trying to make it big in movies. Great to watch, but not so great a role model.

He was a martial artist first, an actor second. The purpose of the movies themselves were to show people his martial way. A long way from the truth? And you have what evidence to back that up? Yes, he was obsessive, he devoted his life to the arts and worked hard to get his views across. He was hardly an egotist, he was simply confident in his skills as any martial artist who trains hard should be...and he didn't preach humility, he preached confidence and hard work. You seem to be attempting to tear Lee apart due to his personal qualities. He didn't want to be a role model, he never attempted to be. He just wanted to be the best martial artist out there, and he wanted to make a big impact. And he did, while still managing to run a family.

To condemn the art of another is to condemn your own as well. We all have the same origin.