• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

VERY VERY INTERESTING

tenkamusou

muaythaifreak,

Fair enough. About the bull fights. I have seen a short clip of one of Oyama´s bull fights. It was short but enough to see the bull gore him and then it being taken down and him chopping at its horn.

There are clips of Mas. Oyama available in the following site: https://www.kyokushinmail.com/koya/kyokushin.htm

Wing Chun Kuen Man

Real traditional martial arts training is difficult to find.....most dojos in the west are Mcdojos....some are better and some are worst....but they are what they are....do you train in one?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yeah, I've seen probably a dozen different clips of these fights, none are very definative unfortunately, consisting of a mere few seconds on each one. I can't help but be skeptical. I'm really not trying to argue, I just tend to take things at face value. I mean if David Copperfield can make the statue of liberty disapear, anything can be faked. The only thing that would convince me that the bull fights were not rigged would have been for me to inspect the bull before and after without it ever having left my sight in the interim. I grew up on a farm where we had several bulls, I have seen what it takes to kill one. They are not fragile in the least. But like I said, perhaps he did, perhaps he did not, I have no proof to either conclusion.

Pain is temporary, glory is forever, and chicks dig scars!

-=pain is weakness leaving the body=-

If there's lead in the air, there is hope in the heart!

The only difference is that David Copperfield´s profession is based on illusions and tricks where as Mas. Oyama profession was a Karate figher in the bushido tradition.

However, I do see where you are coming from. I personally would like to see a couple of clips showing the full version of the bullfights just to get a better idea about the health and conditions of the bulls. Having said that, I would not even want to face a sleepy or even a sick bull in unarmed combat.

Wing Chun Kuen Man

Real traditional martial arts training is difficult to find.....most dojos in the west are Mcdojos....some are better and some are worst....but they are what they are....do you train in one?

I don't remember where.. but i once saw an article sayin that the bulls the oyama fighted were all sick or very old...

and I don't wanna say that I don't respect Kyokushin or that oyama weren't that good of a fighter, but, I do sense some fake on him... some "show bussiness" on his karete.. and there are a lot of rumors, little facts...

And I don't think that fightin animals means anythin, cause they don't fight back, they only use their instinct, there's no strategy, like that kyokushin dude that "fighted"w/ a bear... ridiculous...

If you could improve yourself in only three or two months, everybody would be invencible...

This is just one article among many, many of which reveal the writer's obsession with establishing kung fu's superiority over muay thai. Why he would care seems to have less to do with martial arts per se, and more to do with a sense of nationalism. I found it striking (pun intended) that someone with his amount of experience and knowledge would fall into the whole trap of tournaments "proving" the effectiveness or superiority of a particular martial art. Why no article on UFC and BJJ?

That said, his insights in the nature of wushu, sanda, and kung fu should remind us all that there are larger stakes in MA than tournament prizes. We live in an era when the oppression of kung fu practitioners continues in the country of its roots - just as it did hundreds of years ago. Unfortunately, it seems the communists are much closer to permanently changing the nature of martial arts there than anyone before them.

The nature of the political and social conflicts from which the myths and legends of the origins of many chinese martial arts developed (not least Wing Chun) has not changed. It continues to this day.

Lupin3,

But according to what I understood in his site, he seems to be more pro Muay Thai than kung fu. He recommendes that kung fu be modernized so that it can match Thai boxing and modern contact fighting in general. He also considers Muay Thai superior to Sanda.

I think I better go back and check out the site again, just in case...lol

Wing Chun Kuen Man

Heh, yeah I think he believes kung fu used to be the best, but now its been ruined by Virtua Fighter video games...:lol: While you're there, read his article about the origin of Wing Chun and its relationship to the development of Muay Thai...it could be he thinks Wing Chun is the best MA. :idea:

Lupin3,

Actually I printed that article WC and MT, a while back, now I just have to find time to read it. Personally, I think that he misunderstands Kung Fu - just a little - or maybe it is to do with his school of thought, but at the same time he has some good knowledge and opinions, and his website is very interesting.

Well about Wing Chun, well everybody knows that it is not the best MA but it is one of the best :P

Wing Chun Kuen Man