• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

VERY VERY INTERESTING

tenkamusou

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This site has some really interesting material. I have been going through it all last week.

Wing Chun Kuen Man

Real traditional martial arts training is difficult to find.....most dojos in the west are Mcdojos....some are better and some are worst....but they are what they are....do you train in one?

Agreed, a good read.

So far i've found myself in agreement with most of what is being presented and stated there. But, i'm only skimming it, and haven't read all of it. Will give it more attention later.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Wow. Mas. Oyama´s only defeat as a karate-kai was at the hands of an old Taiji master in Hong Kong , and this was I suppose at his fighting peak, just after he had defeated the Muay Thai champion "the Black Cobra". That is one for the "experts" who believe that internal MA´s don´t work. Oyama ended up studying with the Taiji master and incorporated some of the art´s aspects into Kyokushinkai.

Interesting website indeed.

Wing Chun Kuen Man

Real traditional martial arts training is difficult to find.....most dojos in the west are Mcdojos....some are better and some are worst....but they are what they are....do you train in one?

Dijita,

Eventhough I don´t practice Kyokusinkai karate I have great respect and admiration for it and of course for Mas. Oyama. I find what is happening with this style very sad as well. I do believe that kyokushinkai is still very much alive an well and respected, however I think the organization needs a leader with real charisma and fighting prowess to back it up. I hope whoever that person may be shows up soon.

Wing Chun Kuen Man

I believe that a lot of what is in that article is simply propaganda. A lot of karateka's will obviously disagree with me, however I am entitled to my opinion. I have a lot of respect for him as a martial artist, and for his art. I will also add that there are a lot of "legends" about muay thai that I don't buy either so it's not simply because he reportedly beat a lumpini champ that I doubt the validity of all the facts therein. As it says in the article, there is no documentation of the win in Thailand, nor have I ever found a Thai who knows of such a victory, regardless of the fact that whenever a foreigner does win at Lumpini, (and that's not often.), the thai's tend to talk about it alot.

Pain is temporary, glory is forever, and chicks dig scars!

-=pain is weakness leaving the body=-

If there's lead in the air, there is hope in the heart!

muaythaifreak,

Could it be that the Thais are more open nowadays about loosing to foreigners then they were when Mas Oyama had his victory? Because, if they were secretive then, maybe they did not keep records of Mas. Oyamas encounter and maybe people forgot about it in time. I don´t know, I am just asking about your opinion. Also, remember that there were other kyokushin fighters who had successes in Thailand.

Wing Chun Kuen Man

WW: I have, I have come up with nothing. If you have had more success, please post a link.

WCKM: Anything can be "maybe". I'm not disputing anything as all things are possible, I'm merely stating that until I see it, I won't believe it. Same thing goes for the "bull" fights. Yes, there have been KK fighters who have had success in thailand, but it hasn't been a regular occurance. In fact it's been downright rare. And as I said, that is not the only claim I have trouble believing about Mas Oyama. Just as there are myths about Bruce Lee that I don't necessarily believe, among other legendary MA's.

Pain is temporary, glory is forever, and chicks dig scars!

-=pain is weakness leaving the body=-

If there's lead in the air, there is hope in the heart!