• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Some black belts are just to cocky

RONIN W

[White Warlock"]Indeed, a 16 year old black belt, probably attained when he was 14 or 15. Sounds like the same old flaw of providing rank to those who are 'mentally' not ready for it."

i got my 1st dan black belt when i was 13 and i believe that it is not age but the person who provides this problem. beyond that, i have seen many younger upper-belts act "cocky".

peace,

the key to fighting is to let reflexes rule and be fluid as water.

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seem to be a lot of things wrong with this conversation.

Drunk Monkey seems to be implying that the student was disrespectful when there is no proof of that if we are to be taking to original poster's word for it.

Even if the poster was disrespectful, the young blackbelt should have bitten his tongue and taken the place of the bigger person. As always, more senior belts should be an example to lower belts. It is a bad reflection on their sensei and their dojo to say anything that is overtly cruel. There should not be false encouragement for students, but creative criticism or nothing at all would be better.

Drunk Monkey seems to be like the teenaged black belt in their disrespectfulness for their dojo, sensei and others.

"I think therefore I am" Rene Descartes

I feel that the belt system has no say in how good you are. I dont worry about being the highest belt I just worry about getting stronger than i was yesterday. I feel belts are mainly used to seperate people into groups of what they know.

Talk to your sensei. If the BB or the advanced students are acting this way they need a rememberance class about when they were beginners coming up through the ranks. We all start at the same place and advance at different paces but we are all training to acheive a similar goal (each individuals goal will be slightly different), and your sensei should address this.

Back then i was 13 and now I am 15....

I Studied various martial arts and have read many books ....

I never stayed a schools for more than a month i still trained on my own at home....

I think I could have beaten him in a fight....

if i was paired with you during training, i think i would've said something worse than 'rookie'...

sorry.

i know it's mean of me to say that

but it is just me being honest.

Now that is unnecessary, why would you want to put the brother down any further?

Now, you MUST be the man if you could call a 13 year old something worse than a "Rookie" I didn't happen to see a Sifu or Sensei next to your name however.

People like yourself tend to forget that they didn't pop straight out of their mothers throwing the best punches and kicks, we were all rookies at some stage, don't ever forget that DM

"IT's bÈen À lÕnG TímÊ... I ShÖÙldN'tA lèft Ýøü...TôúChìn' ýà tœZ îñ fröNt õf â h0MoséxÜäl..."