• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Getting blood off a gi

Ti

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Get some specific stain remover on it ASAP. Rinse the bloodstain through in COLD water and apply the stain remover. Leave to stand. Then throw the gi in the washing machine with more stain remover (I find that colour-safe washing bleach [sold as Ace brand bleach in the UK] is good to use with white gi's) and wash as normal.

I did that with my gi when I tripped up one karate class and ended up cutting my head open. There was blood everywhere on my gi! It washed out ok, though, and you couldn't tell that there'd been a massive stain on it.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

i just had my brand new Atama Jiu Jitsu gi completely spoiled from the person i was rolling withs blood.

I went immediately after training to the store and bought a big thing of oxyclean, I used that and cold water and i got almost everything out immediately i then threw it in the wash with tide with bleach and i can barely see remnants of the spots and only the most drastic ones, and even then i have to look close.

Soak it in the bathtub overnight with oxy-clean and Whisk detergent (original not the other variations). Then rinse and hang it out on the line in the sun to dry. It took out all of the stains. Do NOT use Hot water!!!

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.