New from NY

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it was Moo Duk Kwan-Tae Kwon Do. I must be honest, I'm not familiar with the differences between the two. I know that it all dates way back, and at one point they threw them all together, but that's about it. Can you clarify the two? This is a question I've had for a while now, and I have found several different answers.

lol, I just asked this question about the differences between MDK TSD and MDK TKD - the thread is in the Korean Martial Arts forum.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Hi, welcome to KF!

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

To answer your question, bullydog, they are very similar. What forms do you do for color belts and which ones you do for BB ranks? The reason I ask is that most TKD MDK schools now a days do TKD forms for color belts, then do the MDK forms for BB ranks. The techniques are pretty much the same, also (give or take a few, that is).

I wish you luck in your martial arts practice :)

Laurie F