• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Best way to find quality Dojos in my area?

Action Kenpo-Karate Academy

5706 Broadway Sacramento

916-739-0379

This is where my friend trained, he was very happy with it. He is on leave atm with his newleyed wife of 8 months and his 3 week old daughter

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Wow, thank Laurie.

Question, for my goals, what would be a good MA to start in?

I listed the ones I did from the reading I've done on these forums. Am I off base?

You're welcome :) Aefibird had good advice. I can do searches all night long for you (I got good at it from moving :D ), but it depends on what you want out of MA. Go to your local dojos/dojangs and see what you perfer. It might not even be what you expect, but fits what you and your wife are looking for. Just don't take the first thing you see. Shop around a bit.

I wish you luck in your search. If you need more search help, let me know :)

Laurie F

You probably have all the help you need, but I would like to offer my opinion. If I were to go to dojo searching, I would watch one of thier classes, maybe ask to participate a little, I would interview the instructor about thier views and goals on how to teach, students, and the dojo.

shodan - Shotokan

Blue Belt - Jiu-Jitsu

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care the themself without that law is both. For wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live I will kill you, If I die you are forgiven-- such is the rule of Honor.